Friday, May 15, 2009

busy, but productive and fun!

With a deployment, illness and family in town - the last few weeks have been so crazy busy. We've had a lot of fun but we are all wiped out!! One of the ONLY good things about my husband being gone is that I have the house all to myself once the kids are in bed! The downside is I stay up way TOO late sewing and blogging and stuff (this may or may not include time on facebook). It's just really nice to have 5 uninterrupted thoughts in a row and have some clear-headed thinking time. I should probably use it to plan out meals and shopping lists or fold laundry and clean. And if I could just eliminate the need for sleep. . .


Bags have been my go-to project lately. Most of the bags I've made have been custom orders. I originally set up my etsy shop to sell them and haven't had a sale there yet. Mostly because I haven't really had any bags to list! Here's just a couple I put together for that purpose.

Sandi Henderson's Farmers Market-Henna in Red and Medallion Bloom in Pink

Amy Butler Lotus - Tree Peony and Full Moon Dots in Slate

Well, a friend of mine who has one of my bags went to a family barbecue last weekend and her sister-in-law was asking her about it. So she gave her my info and we've emailed this week. Then just like that she said she wanted this bag!


Then I listed it for her and she purchased it!!I'm so happy! It makes me feel good to think that someone likes it enough to buy it (and now I don't look totally lame with a big 0 sales by my name.) There's some certainty with custom orders - they pick the fabric a lot of times so you know they'll like it. But this felt just a little different...

I was ready to keep it. I mean, seriously, look at that fabric. Sandi Henderson is one of my designer heroes! This fabric has made a couple of appearances on this blog already, with one more in the works. I think I need it in all the other colors too.

This lovely blue number has not been claimed and I'm getting ready to list it. Should I reserve it for anyone in particular?


12 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Unknown said...

You are staying up way too late!! I understand :)

Congrats on your sale! Love all your bags - I still need to get some fusible fleece ... I'll get there!

Debbie said...

i am staying up too late too, but i am not sewing, just blogging and fbking...these are lovely purses!!!

Amy said...

The bags look great!

rachel griffith said...

well yayyy on your 1st sale!!!
that's awesome!!!

{dude i stay up way too late too.}

i really love sandy henderson's fabrics too.
i literally drooled over that bag.

the amy butler one is SUPER cute too. i bet it sells fast.
people are ga ga over her fabric!!!

Alexis said...

Your bags are all so cute! I love all of the fabric that you chose!

allyn said...

congrats!!!! very exciting. they are adorable and always fun to see againandagain.

Cheryl Arkison said...

I was the same when Hubby was away last week!
Glad that you are keeping busy, hope all is really well.

Kritta22 said...

Congrats!!!!! Yo on your way!!

I totally understand about the staying up part! We are having an exercise on our base and that means 12 hour days for my hubby. What that means for me is that I'm up at 6am with him until 11:30pm until he gets home. (They have really weird schedules in his squadron.)
Anyway that's a lot of sewing time for me!!
I totally get you on that!

Dana said...

SUCH pretty bags!!!

Sarah McK said...

Hi Amy, this is Laura's sister Sarah. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my red and black bag!!! The dress forms are the cutest! So unique...all of the girls in my ward will be drooling over it. :) Thank you so much! Laura loves you and your kids so much! I hope to meet you some day!

sewtakeahike said...

Congratulations on your sale Amy!!! Yeeehaw! I love those fabrics too, I think I've already told you you inspired me to go on an Amy Butler spending spree a couple weeks ago. Most of my orders are custom too. I haven't sold much on etsy, but have made more for people around town and such. One of my friends just recently gave my name to a couple in a town nearby and they had me do a large custom order of home dec stuff (curtains, cushions for a kitchen bench) that turned out fabulous.

SewAmy said...

omg, I love that blur fabric. and the bag.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...