Thursday, May 07, 2009

april's quilting bee block

April was a really busy month. Now that my pity party is over (well mostly) I'm geared up for the next three months while hubby is gone. Thank you everyone for your well wishes and support. It was very sweet to read all of your comments the other day. I totally appreciate it!

Everyone here has been sick at one point and now it's my turn. I don't recommend piecing a block while drugged up on sinus infection meds. I only had to rip out and resew four or five times. And the border got chopped because I made the block too big on accident. I need sleep.

This is my block for April. I hope Russ likes it.

I was going for a pinwheel thing and realized after it was put together that the pinwheels don't pop like I wanted them too. I still like it, it's just not what I had in my head.

I've been wanting to try something new each month and I've never done half-square triangles, but they were pretty easy. But you have to be really precise when you cut that diagonal line or they don't all end up the same size.

******
I started this bag months ago in an attempt to rescale the Paisley Garden Signature bag, which is rather large. This was way too small. So now my little parrot/monkey/copycat has her own bag to wear. Just like I wear mine. It was sad to see her try to "messenger-style" everything in the house (including some baskets) and not have it work. This strap is perfect - I just used some left over 2" wide grosgrain ribbon.

*****
Did you want to know how cute the shoes are that I mentioned the other day? You'd better not be surprised at the color!

Never mind the pasty legs. I got these from Land's End. They are super comfy but were actually a little too big. I went in today and exchanged them for a half-size smaller. Did you know that Sears has Land's End shops? They have great customer service and even though I ordered these online I was able to return them to the store, order a new pair, and not pay shipping! Wow. Can't wait until they come back so I can wear them!!

14 crafty mcCrafters commented:

V and Co. said...

okay but the fabrics are fabulous! and i LOVE your shoes. pasty white legged people unite!

Angie said...

Love the shoes, fav color of mine this year! Your quilt square rocks too!

Amy said...

gotta love land's end at sears and shoes with no socks - summer's'a'commin! Great quilt block too.

Mary said...

I have a great way of making the triangles! Now I just have to remember what that is...

You will never believe this!!! My daughter and I were JUST looking at those SAME shoes!

Love the quilt block, the bag, the girl, the shoes, the you!

Unknown said...

your block looks great! sorry you've been sick - no fun, but your shoes should make you smile :)

Karen said...

she is darling with her little bag.

allyn said...

block, bag, and shoes. all wonderful. your pinwheels do not pop, but when you look for them they are there. that was meant as a compliment.
anyway-you cut alison's hair! it is so sweet. she is too adorable.

Debbie said...

love the block and love the shoes!!! great job lady!!!

The Letteer Family said...

Very cute! I love it all!

sewtakeahike said...

Your daughter is so cute with her messenger bag Amy! I've been thinking I need a new pair of summer slip ons, I might have to look into those shoes, I love the color. I hope you're feeling better!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Hope you feel better soon! So when are you gonna start selling those adorable little bags? My daughter is the same way with all bags.

Jenny said...

Such fun shoes! Stylish too. They do look really comfy. Do they come in yellow? ;) I might have to check out Land's End ...

Anonymous said...

Love the block and the purse. Cute shoes!

Jodi Nelson said...

I love those shoes! I saw those in the catalog. I wondered if they were comfortable? I'm gettin em! Way fun! I love Lands End. I order from them frequently. But I've never boughten shoes. ;o) ooxx`jodi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...