Sunday, September 14, 2014

a little bit of this and that - i have actually been sewing

With school starting it's been a little easier to squeeze some sewing in. And I figured since I've been a member of my local guild for a year and actually have a job working on the newsletter this year I thought it was about time I made my name tag.  It's a simple foundation pieced pattern and now I want to make another and use the block as a pincushion!
I also toyed with a couple of wonky star blocks to audition ideas for the pouch swap.  Can you ever have too many Heather Ross fishies?
And hedgehogs + kokka??  
And another zippy for a friend's birthday!  Hot pink is her thing right now. And damask is always mine.

And then, just for fun I worked up another wonky star!  Now I want a whole navy, orange and aqua quilt.
Maybe I'll start breaking out my real camera and not just post pictures from my phone - although... this is much quicker - but the quality is not as good. :(

2 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Ella said...

Love the wonky stars! Never thought about an orange and navy quilt, but that block is gorgeous!

Carla said...

You did wonky stars on purpose and I'd do them accidently.
Cute

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...