Monday, May 04, 2009

a little magic trick

Did you know you can turn this:


into one of these?
I have an old friend who I've recently reconnected with and she found out I was sewing again. She said to me one day, "Do you have a serger? I have one I hardly use and I was going to sell it on Craigslist. I will give it to you in exchange for a bag..." I didn't really have to think twice about that one. Now I just need to learn how to use it.


I mean really, did you know this fabric was THIS gorgeous? I didn't. And the more I work with it the more I want to plaster it on my walls. Which I found out you can do! But that's a story for another day.


When I finished it I told my friend I might need to just give her the serger back. I mean, c'mon!! She looks so pretty on my blue chair! It's okay though, I bought some more - maybe I'll make a little bolster for my chair.

*****
In other fabric news. . .
I'm still sad about the whole extinction of the Belle and Lotus lines.

However,

I think Tula Pink's new line may just mend my broken heart.

12 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Jana Nielson said...

That bag is totally gorgeous! And "happy serger" to you that is great.

I hadn't seen Tula Pink's new line. I love it!!

Valerie said...

Unbelievably cool. A serger for a bag?! What a fun trade! You'll have to keep the rest of us posted on the world of sergers -- I've always thought it would be neat to own one, but I have no idea how to use one or the many different ways a serger can be used/come in handy.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous fabrics, where did you get them?

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

OMG!!! Your friend ROCKS!! BTW, that bag is beautiful! LOVE the fabric you used on it!! Loving the fabrics.

Dana said...

So, so, so pretty. And the serger ain't bad either.

allyn said...

you are some kind of magician. i love this tula, too. it is very dainty.

Cheryl Arkison said...

You got yourself a sweet deal!

Jen said...

I love my serger. It isn't hard to use at all. A little tricky to thread, but once you get that, it's a piece of cake.

Deisha said...

Love the little bag.
Love the shoes to bad you had to send them back.
I need a bag
Oh, no you have a serger I can only imagine where you will go with this one.
Now that I have commented here I want one in return!! hehehehe

TheAkersFam said...

Okay.... so I want a bag, too! I LOVE them!

How do I commission a bag? How much do you charge?

Would I get to pick the fabric or leave it up to you, the master?

:)

Debbie said...

wow!!!! that was magic!!! cool! very nice fabric too darling!!!

sewtakeahike said...

what a cool friend Amy! A serger for a bag! You'll be whipping things up in no time with that serger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...