Tuesday, April 14, 2009

happy spring!

and belated Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I just wanted to share a couple of nifty egg ideas, um, for .... ahem, NEXT year. :)

There's always the traditional PAAS egg dying kit. Fun! and a blast from my childhood. But now there are 9 colors or something - I almost didn't have enough containers!

I saw this cute tutorial at V. and Co. for fabric covered eggs - and it was pretty easy! Although if you look at the orange egg you can see it wasn't put on an orange egg - I would spray the eggs white next time if my fabric doesn't coordinate with the egg color.

Now, do you remember this post? I love the idea of paying it forward. Well, because I responded to a similar post on my friend's blog she brought me these lovelies the other day!

Don't ask me how she did it. It has to do with silk ties and wrapping the eggs with them and then some fabric and then boiling them with vinegar and water... all I know it that they were the coolest eggs I've ever seen!!! And they made pretty darn good deviled eggs too.

Okay, I just googled silk tie egg dye and there were a ton of references. And, as I suspected it's from Martha!

This is as close as I got to a family Easter picture.... hmmm, I couldn't even get one of my two kids together. I'm not sure getting a group shot is possible. . . at least he's smiling!

7 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Those turned out great. I saw the silk tie egg dying thing last year on Martha. They turn out so pretty. She also did it with lace.

I didn't get a family picture either.....

buttercup said...

My kids wanted to make Bakerella's cake pops that looked like chicks, eggs, lambs and bunnies. Umm...that became too ambitious so we did nothing. Sad. Next Year I want to try the silk egg thing. But Aaron isn't willing to part with his ties! I guess we'll have to get some at D.I.

That is a beautiful photo of you and Andrew. I didn't get any photos of anyone. But I suppose that is OK since we didn't get new clothes or anything anyone.

P.S. I can't remember the name of the website with the 3 column template. Please remind me.

Sarah said...

Aww I love that picture! Fabric ideas DO keep you up at night! :)

Unknown said...

Cute pic of you two :) Your eggs are really pretty too - glad you had a nice Easter!

Mary said...

I have made some cute origami paper covered eggs. I will have to send you a picture. And I am going to try the lace covered ones that were on my blog. And I am going to empty my eggs from now because my girls made the cutest ones this year and it was terribly sad to then just crack them ;(

Amy said...

I love that photo of you! He is adorable! So so so cute.

sewtakeahike said...

I love that shot of you two Amy! Sew cute!! Thanks for the info on the "tie-dyed" eggs, they are sooo pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...