Wednesday, April 15, 2009

a recovery group for procrastinators anonymous

I was glad to hear that I'm not the only one who tends to put things off!

I was heartened to see Jacquie of Tallgrass Prairie Studio inspire us to finish up some of those unfinished projects!! Thanks for the motivation! You can go to her blog and grab her button.


I already finished a couple of unfinished projects this month. One of them being this scarf. (which I can't seem to take a decent picture of...)



I first saw it on Penny's blog late last summer. I purchased MKCarrol's pattern and took it with me on my trip in September. Then I realized I had taken the wrong hook - so the pattern was too big. So I had to take it apart and start over.

Then I made another huge mistake and had to take it out and start again. I had put it down for a while because I was frustrated with it. I picked it back up again in October when my mom came to visit. We were looking at the pattern and we realized that I had been using US stitches with a UK pattern. So again the size was off. But I had just finished off my first skein of yarn and wasn't about to do it all over. Again.

So it's sat sad a lonely all winter instead of keeping my neck warm. It's still been cold here so I decided I needed to finish it so I could still wear it this season. So, if you are still reading you will see how good a procrastinator/rationalizer I really am!


******
Amy at Park City Girl is hosting a Bloggers Quilt Festival. Post your favorite quilt through a Mr. Linky on her blog starting this Friday! Fabric shops are lined up for some giveaways as well!


Maybe I'll host a giveaway too. . .

4 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Unknown said...

Your scarf is so pretty! Aren't you glad you've managed to finish it? :) Thanks for helping promote - it's going to be fun!

buttercup said...

Hello, my name is Robyn, and I am a procrastinator. I have a cross stitch I started in 8th grade that is still sitting in my garage half finished, I wanted a dollhouse when I was a teenager so my mom bought me a kit to build it myself, really? It is keeping the crosstitch company in its original box. I started a scarf 5 times to knit it but I think that is more of a lack of skill than procrastination. I started a nativity set this last christmas, it is sitting unassembled in a bag--probably in the garage too. See what I do to my unfinished projects--Oh yeah, I've been putting off cleaning the garage.

sewtakeahike said...

oooh Amy, I didn't know there was a difference with UK stitches and what did you say? a US pattern? or do I hve that backwards? The scarves I made are probably all messed up too and I don't even know it. ahh, oblivion, it really is bliss!

allyn said...

the scarf turned out beautiful. i would not call you a procrastinator. maybe go through your blog for the past year and you will feel better about yourself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...