Thursday, March 05, 2009

hooked on . . .

BLUE!!

I'm joining in on Hooked on Fridays blog party, hosted by Julia of Hooked on Houses. She has great decorating ideas and other fun home things to read about. Head on over to the party to see what everyone else is hooked on this week!

I love this color blue. I have for a long time. I didn't realize my love affair until one day about 8 years ago I looked in my closet and realized half the stuff in there was some shade of light blue/turquoise. Then I bought this car:

And my friend gave me this

as a "baby" gift. (Sad I had to sell the car once I started with the REAL babies.)

Now I've embraced my love of blue, so much so as to declare it my signature color! These are pictures I've taken of my blue things and a few blue places I've been.


1. made-over yard sale chair, 2. most of my fabric stash is blue, 3. my "betty rubble", 4. mini quilt, 5. turquoise and red coral necklace, (for sale at etsy) 6. baby quilt, 7. beach sky, 8. my duvet, 9. crocheted baby hat, 10. my favorite bag, 11. bear lake, 12. made over bistro chair, 13. new rug, 14. crater lake, 15. blue minky (also for sale)

so there you go. It's official. I'm hooked on blue and don't think I'll ever get over it.

PS - I just got these in the mail today from Melanie of Whimsical Creations!

23 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Terry said...

Do you like my blue porch ceiling?

Holly said...

Having a signature color is cool! I like most colors, but am afraid to commit to just one.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love your car! That must be so fun to drive. Mine is ho-hum silver. I like that your friend gave you a keychain to match.

Thanks for joining the party! Great post. :-)

BumbleBee Bagz said...

That is so funny....my last car before my kids was a black VW convertable with cream leather interior. I LOVED!!! that car but alas it is not made for car seats.

Things That Inspire said...

There is a blog that is all about the color turquoise (and any shade of blue that strikes her fancy) - have you seen it?

The house in my post today has a beautiful color of blue on the walls of the kitchen - an usual color for a kitchen, but it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

that car would've been hard for me to give up. but i agree, i'm in love with blue too!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

I'm in to cute cars...love it! Blue is a pretty color in any shade.
~Kim

Jennifer said...

I love your collage of your favorite blue things. How sad that you had to give up your car!

Unknown said...

fun post! blue is always a fav here too :)

sewtakeahike said...

this is good to know! I love that color of blue too, it's so bright and cheery!

Shannon said...

at first i was like "blue?" but then after reading your post and seeing the pictures, i have a new perspective of it! it's not about to become my signature or anything-but you've helped me be more open-minded. :)

amariaf2000 said...

I am SO with you on this!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE blue!! Soft blue, bright blue, navy blue, you name it!!
Thanks for sharing!!
~angela @ peonypatch
www.mccalled.com/peonypatch

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

What a fun post! I am glad you like the birds. =D

Unknown said...

I love that shade of blue/turquoise! I'd like to paint my kitchen that color. Those little birdies are too cute!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, I just saw that you had to sell the car. Are children worth that kind of sacrifice? I'm not sure... ;-)

Charlotte Geary said...

Oooh I always wanted that car, too! The baby blue convertible new beetle... how can you ever be in a bad mood in a car like that. I have that rug, too! It's in our dining room. :)

Suzy said...

I love that car!!!! Thanks for visiting my blog, I can't wait to hear from Bakerella how everything went...exciting for sure!
Keep it Sweet!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Right there with you.....turquoise is my "have to have" color of 2009! Great post!

SewAmy said...

shhh, don't tell anyone ,but I have a thing for blue too. :o)

Jenny said...

I loved that car! It was so you! I think I'm going to declare yellow my sig color. :)

I think you'll like our dining room now that it's two pretty shades of BLUE (one light, one dark) and we're spray painting the chandelier silver! Ooo lala! :) I think it will go with the blue so much better than gold. Yes, you inspired me. :)

Debbie said...

I did not know you owned one of these? Did you have in CA? My first car was a baby blue 1973 VW bug :) I miss it!!! I love all your blue :) My new bedding is blue :)

Nicole said...

Ah... blue is a good color. Your "made-over" chairs are so pretty. I'm glad I checked this post. I feel so much better now. :)

Mary said...

Hi Sweetie! My sister-in-law has that car (with 4 kids!) and my daughter wants that car when she turns 16 (yeah, right...). I held a book club at my house and someone there started going off about how she hates blue -- her house is reds, rusts, warm colors - and she can't believe how anyone would decorate with it or wear it. I looked around at practically everything in my house that is blue and down at my blue shirt and just gasped inside at her rudeness -- and lack of blue lovin'! I think people like to decorate with colors that suit their skin coloring. Like Laurie on Trading Spaces always used orange and green. Turquoise matches your eyes. Long comment. I will move on now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...