Wednesday, March 04, 2009

a bee update

So I have all of my blocks for my Notion or Two quilt. Well, except do you see that spot that's blank? That's where my block goes! I decided to wait until I had all of them together to see what kind of block I needed to make, light or dark, busy or simple, red/pink/orange bird, etc...



I think I've got an idea of how I will place them, and I bought the sashing fabric. However, my artsy orthodontist brother made some interesting suggestions for me to think about doing. I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle what he suggested, but I may just go for it. I'm being vague on purpose, because if it doesn't turn out, I don't want to be held accountable!!

in other project news (pictures to follow in the next few posts):
*I'm working on the binding of that quilt - hope to have it in the mail by Monday.
*The dresser is painted and in my kitchen, but I'm trying to figure out what to do with the knobs.
*I started a diaper bag, changing pad project with Megan for a mutual friend.
*I started an online Photography course that I'm totally excited about. I think I may get the hang of the manual setting on my D40!
*I managed to time a fabric order (several yards of Daisy Chain by Amy Butler) to arrive the day DH left for a month. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've done that without even planning it! It's a boost to get a pretty package like that on a day that bums me out. I'll have to figure out something REALLY good for the day he leaves for Afghanistan for 3 months.

13 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Unknown said...

It looks great! Glad you have fabric to make you smile - and your little cuties :)

Jen said...

I've always meant to take a photography course ... I bought a nice 35 mm 12 years ago and still haven't learned how to use that, let alone our SLR.

You'll love the Daisy Chain fabric. It's so pretty!

Dana said...

I hope you keep busy the whole time he is gone!!

Prayers to your family.

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see the completed quilt!

Nora Mair said...

He's going to Afghanistan? ooo-boy. Enjoy the fabric. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog--I noticed last year when your dad passed that it was 3-3. What a day eh? Did you fair okay? One year--it's big. I can't wait to see the finished green birdy quilt.

AmyF Hackworth said...

Hey, Amy. Thanks for your nice comment on Justin's blog about moi. So kind!

I LOVE this quilt and can't wait to see more. WOW! It looks amazing, so many cute little birds around!

SewAmy said...

you are a busy bee. I want to see more photos of your notion or two blocks. they look great. and I can't wait to see what you do.

queenbee said...

I so need to take a photography course. I just splurged and got the Pentax 2000K SLR camera and really need to learn some techniques use it more efficiently. Initially I was going to get the D40, but the Pentax SLR was on QVC on easy pay and came with the zoom lens, gotta love easy pay. I cant wait to see your dresser painted.

Karen said...

My goodness you are a busy girl!
3 months? unacceptable! guess we will have to visit to help you pass the time -
the quilt is beautiful - hugs - K

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

looks fantastic!!

Lala said...

Hi Amy... Thanks for the visit!!! I can't wait to see that birdie quilt!!! It looks SUPER FUN!!! And I'm looking forward to the painted craigslist finds too!

Lala :o)

Debbie said...

i love this quilt, but seriously how do you have time to do all of this????

Kangaroo said...

this is going to be so sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...