Sunday, March 01, 2009

another duvet to dream under

I said I'd probably never make another duvet again - but I don't think I knew you could get toddler sized ones at IKEA. You don't have to piece any fabric for this size! Unlike I had to do for this one. Here is the big view. Of course it had to be PINK!

The nice thing about this was that all I needed to do was buy enough length because the duvet is ~45" wide. I purchased Michael Miller's Eiffel Tower toile (which I adore and have been trying to find a reason to use a LOT of it) from Fabric.com along with the Dandy Damask and some Dumb Dots. Then I bought some of the coordinating pin dots while I was in Utah.

Initially I thought I would just do the whole thing out of the Eiffel Tower print and use the others for dust ruffle and extra pillows. But then I found that cute dust ruffle on clearance at Target for 5$! It matches pretty well - so we're keeping it. Plus, I realized that I didn't actually buy enough of the fabric.


And then I cut it in the wrong place and had to piece a strip of the dots on the top of the opposite side for everything to match up. But you didn't know I didn't mean for it to look like that, right? (really, I was just trying to keep some of the eiffel tower for myself - that's partly why I did the other side a little different - I L.O.V.E. this stuff).

Alison was excited to have cover just like mommy and daddy's and now she actually sleeps under something. I just like to go in there and look at that cute fabric every day.

9 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Artfulife said...

It is just precious!

allyn said...

wonderful coordinating. it is so sweet.

buttercup said...

Amy that is so fun to see finally after hearing you talk about it. You are SOOOO talented. BTW I am going to BlogHer in Chicago in July. You should come!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

How sweet! That turned out fantastic.

BumbleBee Bagz said...

oh, to have a little girl to do a pink room in...sigh....I'm so jealous!

Unknown said...

It looks great! I love all that pink too ;)

Jenny said...

I love the way the duvet turned out and the way the bedding all comes together. So stinkin' cute!! :)

Karen said...

oh my gosh Amy this is so cute!

Debbie said...

love it and we have a toddler down comforter, doesn't have that cute duvet cover though...wanna send it our way :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...