Tuesday, March 31, 2009

at last!

Spring!

When I was young I remember seeing a contest on the back of a Cheerios box to win a trip to Washington D.C. Living so close to the city I wondered what the big deal was. As I've grown older - I understand. After living away and moving back - I understand. I love this city!! It's beautiful and has so much to offer. One of them being the Annual Cherry Blossom Festival. It's gorgeous! Will you join me on my walk?





















24 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Vanessa Contessa said...

Cherry blossoms around the tidal basin is one of my favorite memories from you years in DC. Gorgeous pictures!

The Letteer Family said...

It's gorgeous! Those are some great pics!!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

How beautiful!! Someday I would love to go there and see them in bloom.

It's funny I felt the same way growing up close to Niagara Falls. The wild thing is that many of my friends growing up had never been to the falls.

Cara said...

I've always wondered if the cherry blossom trees actually produce cherries? Does anybody know?

Sarah said...

Wow! That is amazing, Amy!

Stacy Lynn said...

I LOVE the cherry blossoms in DC! They are absolutely gorgeous! I'm trying to go this weekend for the cherry blossom festival and your pictures make me want to go even more!

I'm Rheannan's friend and Sarah's sister that you met at Lynne's house, by the way.

Amy said...

These pictures make me miss D.C. even more. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

Amy said...

It seems like months until our cherry blossoms open but in reality it should be any day now... thank you for the lovely taste of days to come.

buttercup said...

Amy, Your photos are AH-mazing! That class is really paying off. And DC really is beautiful right now!

Dana said...

Seriously loving your photos!

Julie said...

Gorgeous photos! I love the cherry blossoms & I think your online photography class has paid off!!! I especially love the 2nd photo. The dark trunk of the tree & branches with the pale pink blossoms are stunning!

Thanks for taking me on a nice springtime adventure! As Michael Anne said this morning, mother nature has played her April Fool's joke on us...more snow!

sewtakeahike said...

OMG Amy! those are some seriously beautiful shots! I almost feel like I was there with you looking at them!

allyn said...

did you already start that photography course? i thought you missed the festival. you have really captured the feel of the city. the pictures are truly spectacular!

One Shabby Chick said...

So beautiful - thanks for sharing :-)
I love cherry blossoms but never get to see them here...thanks for putting a smile on my face!

Alicia said...

Thanks for making me miss the East Coast! I do miss seeing the cherry blossoms each year. But your pictures are wonderful and I enjoyed seeing them.

Mary said...

Beautiful! I miss D.C., too! My sister-in-law lives nearby and I always want to visit her this time of year.

Lala said...

Hi Amy!!! *sigh*... your BEAUTIFUL pictures are making me HOMESICK! By next weekend (our arrival "home") the blossoms will be on hte way out I'm sure (although we DID get to see them a few years back at their prime!)

Thanks for sharing... and for the memories!

Lala :o)

Deisha said...

Dang I need a good camera!!! We went yesterday and they were awesome.

Unknown said...

So pretty! I'm sick of the snow -- all week long nothing but snow! Thanks for sharing your spring :)

Jenny said...

Gorgeous pics Amy! Sad I missed the blossoms this year. I caught 'em last year and hope to again next year!! Thanks for the lovely stroll. :)

Debbie said...

awesome pictures!!!

Alicia said...

Amy, you need to submit some of these to my sister in laws photography blog. The theme for this month is "My Town" and these would be perfect. Let me know if you want to and I'll get you her email address

Sue said...

Wow, does that bring me back to my childhood visit of D.C. I forgot just how beautiful April in DC is.

Katie said...

Oh WOW! These pics are amazing! I didn't get many good shots this year at Cherry Blossom time, but I'm so looking forward to this upcoming season! AND I will have a new SLR to use. YAY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...