Tuesday, February 10, 2009

don't forget the nutella

I did it. I made some bread. I've baked bread before, but never with such success from the first try! That book I told you about, Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day, is revolutionary!! I read through the first few chapters, got an understanding of the theory behind the technique and tackled it on Saturday morning. By tackling it, I mean, taking the 4 ingredients and mixing them up in a bowl - about 5 minutes - and then I let it sit for a few hours. After another few minutes of shaping the loaf and letting it rest, I popped it in the oven and this is what came out!!



I am so happy with the crackling crust and chewy interior. I can't wait to try the rest of the recipes in the book.

And I'm serious. Don't forget the Nutella.



Do you want to add buying this book and baking some bread to you to-do list? Check out a cute and sassy to-do list template download at Heirloom Paperie. (if you love paper stuff - you will love this creative paper designer!)

9 crafty mcCrafters commented:

sewtakeahike said...

Yay, you did it Amy! But not only did you do it, it's beautiful! You have me convinced to try nutella sometime, I've always wondered....

Amy said...

Hey! I love the bread, it is awesome. :0) I am so glad to say that I WON the Blog. Can't wait to get it.

Love ya,
Amy

The Letteer Family said...

Okay, that is just TOO AWESOME!! I'm so getting that book!

Karen said...

Seriously, did you buy that? I've got to have that book i have seen some other folks talking about it too.

Unknown said...

Yummy! There's nothing quite as gratifying as baking your own BEAUTIFUL loaf of bread!

Sarah said...

I need to start making bread. At our church, different people make the Communion bread every week. Maybe I should volunteer and get some bread baking experience! Yours looks to die for!

allyn said...

it is a beautiful loaf. i thought you were going to tell us about the newest french bakery in town. i guess it is at your house.
i will be by later for a loaf and nutella.

Mary said...

Thanks for linking to Candis' place. She will love that. By the way -- that bread looks amazing! Or should I say Amy-azing. Ha, ha, ha. I kill myself sometimes!

Anonymous said...

That's it... I'm headed to the book store! I hope mine turns out as pretty...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...