Wednesday, February 04, 2009

good things #2-3 of 5

so maybe I'll post 2 today.


2. Garmin Nuvi 760 and Southwest Airlines and some random good person.


Remember my husband the excellent gift giver (see #1)? He gave me a Garmin GPS for Christmas. It's true I'm a gadget geek. And this thing is great. Not only does it tell me how to get places, but it answers my phone for me and reads my text messages! How cool is that?


To make a long story short, I took it with me to Utah and it fell out of my bag on the plane on our trip back and I didn't realize it until the next day. I called SWA lost and found 2 times the following few days with little hope that it would be returned. Then. THEN! The third time was the charm and someone had turned it in. And it just came in the mail today. and I AM SO HAPPY!!! I was literally sick about it. for days. Lesson learned: People are inherently good, don't love stuff - it just breaks or dissappears - but take care of what you do have, and even little prayers are answered. (I was so desperate I emailed Garmin to see if they would donate a couple to me - one to try out and one to give away. Ummm, it was a long shot and I haven't heard back. But if I do I'll be having one SWEET giveaway!)

So to help me in the future, I bought a dymo label maker so I can label all my belongings with the following: "I am mother of 2 small children. If you have found this it's because I can barely keep track of my mind let alone my personal items. I'm sure I will realize soon that this is missing and would appreciate a phone call to let me know I need to make arrangements to retrieve it. And maybe you could pick up a couple things at the store for me while you're out?"

3. Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day


One of my favorite blogs, Blue Yonder, has talked a lot about the quest for good homemade bread. She raved about this book and so I ordered myself a copy and it arrived today! I am so excited to get started! I'll let you know how it goes. They even have a web site if you want to learn more.

7 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Carla Anne said...

The label maker totally makes sense now!

Unknown said...

Love the label maker idea :) I get you! How nice that it was actually turned in - so many would just pocket it! I'm going to look into that bread site - I love baking . . . look forward to hearing about your experiences!

Julie said...

I'm so glad you got your gadget back!!! I also like your label idea, but especially how you worded it!!! You are so funny!

Amy said...

Oh! My gosh!!!! Nick is the most amazing gift giver!!! I need the same GPS gaget that I can talk into!! Awesome. :0) So when you called me you were talking with the returned GPS? Oh! How Fun. It was so great to talk to you.

Love ya,
Amy

The Letteer Family said...

That's awesome! That bread looks DELISH!!

Dana said...

I've had that book since last summer and have yet to use it. I don't know why. The whole bread making thing intimidates me I guess.

Mary said...

I LOVE your label -- do it! Put it on everything! And don't you just love finding things? You'll always appreciate it even more than you already did. I always think of the Book of Mormon and things being slippery. Everything slips away from me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...