Thursday, January 22, 2009

homeward bound

So much to blog about, so little time.

Life has been a whirlwind since Thanksgiving! We've had holidays, birthdays, transcontinental flights, inaugurations, and a quilting bee all in the space of about 8 weeks! I barely got my house put back together from Christmas when I decided to fly across the country with my 2 small kids, BY MYSELF. Slightly crazy if you ask me. I will be glad to get home and back into our normal routine.

I've spent the last two weeks in Utah visiting my family. This is what it looked like from the airplane when we were getting ready to land.

That's right. Cold. Snowy. White. And yet, we haven't had one snowstorm the whole time I've been here. Lame.

We've had a great time visiting and letting my kids spend time with cousins, aunts, uncles, and Grandma Suzie, that we don't get to see very often. Not to mention the dear friends I've been able to catch up with. There's never enough time to see everyone either...

Two very exciting things have been going on in my crafty life. My quilting bee group, A Notion or Two, has left me speechless with the blocks that have been made for me so far. I keep checking back constantly to see if new pictures have been posted. I can't wait to get home and get the mail and then start to put this beauty together!

I also got to have my first bloggy meet-up! With one of the Blogging Amys! Amy from Park City Girl was able to meet me at my favorite local quilt shop to check out the 1$ bargain fat quarters and an excellent selection of other fabrics.

(I'll have to take a picture of the fabric I bought to post later.) We had a great time getting to talk and get to know each other better in person. We had five kids between us so it was definitely an adventure! We laughed about understanding why we shop for fabric online! It's so much easier. I just love how I have made some great friends in the blogging community who have the same interests as me. It makes it fun to share with people who understand! So to meet face to face with a 'virtual' friend was really a treat! Thanks, Amy!

Amy wrote about our meet-up here.

Tomorrow will be spent packing up and getting the last snuggles and hugs in with grandma. Wish us luck on the flight home!

8 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Karen said...

Looks like a great trip! Prayers for a safe (and sane) trip home!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

How fun! It's always great to spend time with family and friends. How wonderful you got to meet a bloggy friend.

Have a safe trip home! =D melanie

Sarah said...

Glad you're back, but also glad you got the chance to get away and have some fun out west!

Unknown said...

I thought it was funny that it hadn't stormed at all while you were here! I'm so glad we got to meet! Thanks for taking the time :)

Amy said...

As fun as traveling can be -
there's no place like home.
Glad you're safe.

Mary said...

I am jealous -- I miss those mountains!

Jenny said...

You're so cute. I think it's great that you're always open to making new friends ... even in blog land. You're a great example of "make new friends but keep the old." Glad you had fun in Utah! Welcome home.

Debbie said...

That is an amazing picture...I have never seen anything like that before while flying...I have only seen rain or sunshine, nothing like that...WOW!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...