Friday, January 23, 2009

feeding the addiction

Of course I had to buy some fabric while I was in Utah. There are so many cute quilt shops there. I met Amy, Park City Girl at Elaine's Quilt Block where I got some cute stuff for a bag, Alison's bedding and those purple fat quarters just because they were cute. AND $1!



Then yesterday I was reminded of Material Girls, a fairly new shop (to me) that I have heard good things about. Amy had emailed me to ask if I had been there before - my mom and I left within 5 minutes to go check it out, we only had one day left together, and I'm always looking for a good reason to procrastinate! It was good therapy - got my mind off of the packing and the flight. Plus I got those cute blue and green fat quarters for $1 too!

Nadine and her cute shop did not dissappoint! I got to visit with her and she let me take some pictures!



She had so many cute samples up and a great selection of fabrics from Amy Butler, Sandi Henderson, Heather Bailey, etc. She told me that Sandi Henderson was in her shop one day and everyone was going crazy! I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels starstruck by these designers.



Aww, more birdies.





There were so many cool quilts to look at! I love the window pane look of this one on the left. I think that's what I am going to do with my bird blocks. And I just liked this one on the right - Amy Butler Midwest Modern. So pretty. An Amy Butler Quilt is on my list to make this year.

Now back to my normal life. It's been a while. I'm looking forward to my own bed, a routine and some quality time with my sewing machine.

14 crafty mcCrafters commented:

The Letteer Family said...

Love it all!

Unknown said...

I really must get down there! Love the fabrics you selected :)

sewtakeahike said...

I'm so jealous (in a good way) of your trip Amy! The fabric stores and getting to meet Amy from Park City, it must have just been fabulous. I'm really liking the birdie and branch quilts too!

Cara said...

Oh man, you are making me salivate for something to sew! But I CAN'T start a quilt right now, I must finish my other project first. You are evil... :)

Alicia said...

I have an apron made out of that black and white floral. I love it. It is trimmed with red and white polka-dots. Love it. What are you going to do with it?

Amy said...

Ok. I seriously wish I would have paid better attention to when it came to sewing!!! I love the fabric! Also...I was looking on Etsy and found some cute fabric. I will have to get the name for you...just don't remember right now! Hope your flight was good.

Love, Amy

allyn said...

aaaahhhhh-isn't it like being high? not that i have ever been high, but being around creative invites creativity.

glad you made it home safely. can't wait for our next excursion.

AreYouAnAmerican? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill and Mandy Guidry said...

AMY!! I live one mile away from Elaine's Quilt Block. In fact I went there today! Bummer. We could have easily said hello. If only I had been keeping myself updated on your blog. Curses!

Anyway, it is true, they have awesome fabric there.

Hope you are enjoying home.

Mandy

Material Girls said...

Amy! It was so nice to meet and talk with you! I'll keep checking your blog!! Have a great weekend~hope your flight home was okay!
Nadine
the material girls quilts

Darci said...

HI! You cousin Melissa told me about you because she heard me talking about quilting and how I was involved in quilting bees. I told her that I had probably seen your stuff out there since all of us quilters see everything on everyones blogs and it turns out that I have seen your stuff. I LOVE the blocks that you are having everyone do with the birds, Green is always a great choice. What a small world.

Megan Young said...

what a creative paradise....so many fun things it makes me crazy to create something.

Rheannan said...

i think i secretely hate you because you are so crafty.
I reallllllly need to learn how to sew, then maybe ill be half as amazing as you!

Debbie said...

WOW!!! Love it!!! I can't ever catch...I am sooooo fair behind, so I will just be a wanna be sewer...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...