Sunday, October 12, 2008

whew! and some link love


Can you believe it's mid-October and I still have these lovely flowers in my garden? I hope they brighten your day as much as they do mine.


It's been a busy and productive few days. It's nice having my mom here to keep me company and to entertain Alison. She's gotten kind of bored with good ole mom! I painted my table - just working on the seats for the chairs now. I love it so far and can't wait to see how it all pulls together.

I finished the binding
on Andrew's quilt

and made a matching crib sheet!
Who knew you could do that? And it's pretty easy. I used this tuturial. Joanna does these tutorials for the Michael Miller blog, which I love. I just found it a few weeks ago. There's a good one for baby shoes, beach balls, and bean bags chairs too. Oops! that beach ball one is from The Purl Bee. Another great place for tutorials - also a new find.

My mom and I got to go her my friend Karen play Barber's violin concerto with the Richmond Symphony. It was amazing. I can't even begin to explain how cool it is to see her up there playing. I'm in awe. Here is a video of the 2nd movement - just to give you an idea.

We've also made some spooky pom-pom spiders (idea courtesy of Make and Takes.) They are now hanging in our doorways and lurking in unexpected places *like grandma's purse*! I have a crafter in the making. Alison loves cutting, gluing, playdoh-ing, etc. I better find a mini sewing machine. . .


We had this soup for dinner tonight. A totally EASY good soup - you throw stuff in a pot and simmer for 3 hours! It's a great recipe from the Smitten Kitchen - which is another blog that is new to me, I'm sure most people know about, but I've been a little slow around here. I am planning on trying this one - in honor of apple season and this one too. I have a problem with recipes. I love them. I read my Cook's Illustrated before bed. I love the possibility of good food.

One last thing, remember the dream my friend Allyn had? Well, here is her bag! It is so adorable, I think I need her to make me one. And check out her sidebar with pics of her latest projects - some adorable baby outfits. Did I mention how creative and amazing she is?! It was her birthday Saturday too - I'm sure she'd love some birthday comment love!

Oh yeah, don't get me started on the scarf I am crocheting - it is lovely, but I've had a hard time getting it right! Maybe I'll write about it when it is finished.

So we've been busy - luckily we've also managed to get a few naps in.

3 crafty mcCrafters commented:

buttercup said...

My goodness you HAVE been busy! Your post made me think of an embroidery piece I made at Girls' Camp last year. I had never really embroidered before and I LOVE it. I couldnt sllep at all at camp and while I was not sleeping I came up with and embroidery design--not a dream but it did come to me in the middle of the night and I love it! I actually have ideas for a bunch of fairies I want to do.

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Your spider is great, I love the red eyes. And your quilt is beautiful, nice job. I've got to get quilting again.

Janice Lois said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...