Monday, October 06, 2008

art dreams

My friend Megan, an artist and graphic designer (who now has 4 cute kids), told me she had a dream the other night about a painting she wants to do. She was so excited about it that she is ready to go buy a canvas and get back into it. I think that's so cool - have a dream about something and then be able to make it? Wow.

My friend Allyn, a creative genius and my sewing muse (who has 5 cute kids), had a dream about a bag she wanted to make. A night scene with a tree and an owl. "Huh" was my intial thought. I didn't really get it. AND THEN I SAW WHAT SHE MADE. Oh my! It was so amazing! It's not done yet and I can't even explain how amazing it turned out. When she finishes it, I'll be sure to link to it.

Since I've gotten back into sewing this year, I've decided that I missed my calling in life. I want to be an artist and fabric designer. Instead, I admire everyone elses art and make stuff with the beautiful fabrics that people are creating. AND THEN, I had my own art dream. The other night I dreamed that I got out the play-doh for my daughter. But it wasn't just any play-doh. IT WAS AMY BUTLER PLAY-DOH!!

Um, yeah. If that's only as arty as my dreams get, I think I know why I'm not an artist.

7 crafty mcCrafters commented:

MegN said...

I completely understand what you are talking about!!!! I would love to be a fabric designer and publish my own tote/purse designs. Hopefully some day soon! Best wishes to you on following your dream! Hugs! Meg

Cara said...

Right now my dream is to get enough sleep to actually have a dream!

Sarah said...

Ha! What a dream...

Debra said...

Amy Butler play doh.....I love that!

I hope your dreams come true.

randi said...

Amy Butler play-dough would probably be a hit! ;)

Keep dreaming! Sometimes it takes a while for them to come true.

Jana Nielson said...

I wonder what Amy Butler Play-doh would look like??? Would it have some really cool geometric/flower print on it???

Mary said...

I have dreams about art, too -- How weird is that? And now I hear that I am just like everyone else, so un-unique. But I am finally taking an art class so my dreams will have somewhere to go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...