Wednesday, October 01, 2008

bag wanderlust

My friend Karen said to me one day she was having bag wanderlust. You know how it is, you have a perfectly usable bag, but you just need a little something new. I knew she had a sewing machine, I knew she was talented, I figured I could help her make her own. So a fabric ordering session, 3 tete-a-tete's (or machine-a-machine) later, she has a wonderful new bag!

Sewing the lining to the exterior, turning it inside out, almost there. . .


Topstitching, the inside!

and the finished product!

Way to go Karen! Can I borrow it?

It was really fun helping her with this - although I realized I need to write down what I do when I make them. Because I made up the pattern I just do it in my head, but it was hard to translate that to someone else. . . thanks for being patient with me!

9 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Sarah said...

Yummy!

Merianne said...

You are so talented. You never cease to amaze me. I wish we lived closer and we could sew together.

Mary said...

That is the same fabric I have for my nursing cover - coool! Very cute bag.

Ellis Family said...

I WANT ONE! How much? :)

Shannon said...

hello. i have a few things to say:
1) i am emailing that spider pic to my brother to find out what exactly it is.
2) i need some of those magnets w/my bag b/c i collect magnets afterall.
3) i love your blog--it's such a fun menagerie of things.

miss you1

Debbie said...

Really cute!!! My fabric is the darker brown. If you look in my older post you will see my beautiful bag by Allyn.

Deisha said...

Ok, so I love the bag...lucky Karen! Love your blog. Love your talent. And would you be up for some sewing lessons? Maybe we could swap cooking lessons or something --if your interested. So glad we are friends, maybe some of your talent will rub off a little on me.

Now that I left you a comment what did I win??

Cara said...

Good going Karen. It's good to see her talents don't stop with music :) I had fun reading her musician's bio, and I'm sad that I don't get learn from Karen and Karl at choir anymore. I miss you all!

sewtakeahike said...

You are so sweet to help your friend like that Amy!!! Her bag turned out wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...