Thursday, October 02, 2008

today was a good day

The autumn weather was perfect - slightly cool, clear "I-can't-believe-it's-that-blue" blue skies, a nice stroll down historic Caroline Street in Fredericksburg with a good friend, burritos for lunch, daily chit and chat with Carla, washing a bunch of fabric and falling in love with it all over again, teaching a yoga class, and the MAIL. Oh yes, the MAIL!! Did you know when you win giveaways and make friends that you have reason to get more in the mail besides junk mail?

My book from Bakerella came today - it's gorgeous. SO gorgeous I am a little intimidated by the techniques and supplies required . . .


But Oh, the piece de resistance (pee-ess duh ray-zee-sance, with thick French accent) was my swap package from Penny at Sewtakeahike.

A little story: First off, Penny has been one of the super friendly, helpful, experienced, crafty bloggers that has answered a lot of my questions the last few months - and inspired me creatively. She commented on my Jalapeno Pepper Jelly post that she loved the stuff. I told her if she were my neighbor I would give her a jar, just for knowing what it is. Then I said - hey! I'll just send you a jar! A few emails later and we've set up a swap (her idea, so nice!). I got her super sweet package today and I am speechless. I knew I was in for a treat when my mail all smelled of lavendar. I hope the mail lady had a relaxing day with the free aromatherapy!

Look at how dressed up each little parcel arrived. Great use of the slevedege! And that little tag? Made of fabric! So cute!



Are you kidding me? There were more little packages wrapped in the bigger ones! It was like opening my stocking on Christmas morning! Clockwise from the top - darling apron, with a monogrammed A on the pocket, silk strawberry sachet - source of intoxicating lavendar, cute tag, satin eye mask, darling pink linen bag, and some cute handmade bias tape!

And these little lovelies were inside the little bag. YUM!!
I opened the apron last and was totally speechless. I mean really, it is so cute. Alison's take on the apron was, "It's dorable[sic], mommy! I want to wear it." So she's my model - I guess since her name starts with an A too, I'll have to let her wear it. But only sometimes. . . .

Thank you so much Penny for making a great day REALLY great! Since this was my first swap ever, I'm not sure I matched up with the challenge. I just mailed it off today, so I can't tell you what's in it. I will say that this swapping thing is totally fun!

I'm feeling pretty blessed lately. Thanks to everyone who makes me smile, I think we are
all blogging for a reason - to stay connected even though our lives are so busy. Your posts and comments and friendships brighten my day, every day.

7 crafty mcCrafters commented:

buttercup said...

Sounds like a great day. What fun packages. I love your new apron! That is so cute! I am glad we can stay in touch through our blogs!

Debbie said...

I love the blogging world. I have made 3 new friends from Nie's blog. It's amazing how we have all come together, little ear for listening, little tip for sewing, crafting, catching up with best buds :), you name it, this is my way of escaping the real world for short periods of time. (ok sometimes long periods) Love ya!

Alexis said...

I'm glad you had such a good day! It looks like you got such cute things in the mail! I also want to check out Caroline street, that sounds like fun!

Cara said...

Wow - what an awesome mail day! And I'm most jealous of the little Toblerones...

sewtakeahike said...

Aww, how nice of you to share your little apron Amy! I'm so glad you liked everything, it was such a treat to make it all since I am just "learning" to use my embroidery unit right now. I have found (and now so have you) that I LOVE FONTS!! Glad I could spread a little sunshine on your day!

Charlotte Geary said...

The only thing more dorable than that apron is Allison wearing it!

Moore Family said...

Amy, your stuff is darling! Have I ever told you that my sister-law and her family live in Fredericksburg? We visited there about 6 years ago. I loved it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...