Tuesday, October 21, 2008

a quick birthday gift



My father-in-law hurt his neck a few weeks ago and I had seen Amy's tutorial at Commonplace for a neck warmer and thought it would make a great birthday present for him. My mom helped me whip this up. It was easy and fast. We had to tweak the measurements a bit so we could use the fat quarter I had purchased. I didn't think he'd want a floral cover (which is all I have otherwise!).

I love that the cover is removable so that you can wash it. My mother-in-law had it within minutes of heating it up. He told me I was going to need to make her one too or he'd never get to use it!

8 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Karen said...

Hi! We love these too - I have a few laying around the house. My kids love them heated up on a cold morning!

Moore Family said...

You need to open your own etsy shop. Your stuff is darling and I know I'd buy it.
Thanks for the tip on the outlet mall, it was very close to our hotel and we visited it twice!

Amy said...

Glad you liked the tutorial. It came out great!

Carla Anne said...

I am making that maybe even as we speak. My neck is very jealous of your neck at the moment! Good job! Did Randy like it?

Debbie said...

Ok how do you highlight your blogs and then when you click on it, it takes you to that site?

Amy said...

Oh! what an awesome gift. You talented thing you! You better get Jan's made soon!!

allyn said...

so thoughtful! is that one that has lavender scented rice inside?

sewtakeahike said...

Hi Amy! I really should make one of these! I have one from years ago that is truthfully kinda stinky when I heat it up. Not to mention, but here goes anyway, the cover up material has dancing hippos or some crazy thing on it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...