Monday, October 27, 2008

two more bags and a shop opening

I feel like I'm getting back into my normal routine here after 2 fun-filled weeks with my mom in town. I have a few projects almost finished that I started while she was here. Namely my table and chairs and a duvet cover. I'm really excited with how they are turning out. Now if I would just take the time to get them finished!

Here are a couple of bags that I finished. I really love them both.

I haven't really thought of myself as an "orange" person, but I find myself drawn to it recently. And I really love the interior of the green bag.

Both of them are made from Amy Butler fabric, the Lotus Collection. Shocking, I know. I can't get enough of Amy Butler's fabric. Or really, anything that she designs!!

So, it's official. I have a shop on Etsy! Look over there on my sidebar and you can see the little pics of my bags. Click on them and it will take you right to them! There are more pictures of the interiors and some close-ups. You can also get more detailed information about size, etc. The picture below helps show the size a bit better. It really is a big bag. The strap is also long enough to wear messenger style, but not so long that you can't comfortably wear it on your shoulder.

I've been toying with the idea of an Etsy shop for a while and wasn't sure how much inventory was enough to open up. Well, I've decided to beat my perfectionist-self down and just open with these 2 bags and keep adding things as they get made. So much for the BIG grand opening! It's okay though. I've also realized that this is still more of a hobby than a career at this point. Selling my wares is really just a means of feeding the addiction. I feel like a druggie whose just started dealing.... is it that bad, really?

8 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Sarah said...

You're funny!

Moore Family said...

Amy I want that gray/green bag! That is to die for. Serious, should I buy through your store or you?
Kendi

Carla Anne said...

Ok, totally cute bags! Love them! I really can't wait to see your duvet...

Cara said...

You go with your Etsy self! Add some of those neck warmers to the shop, I bet they sell!

Ellis Family said...

WOW! You are impressive! I always say you're the next MARTHA! Congrats on the store - it's cute and the bags are awesome! You should add your jewelry too (are you still making that from 2 yrs ago?) You were awesome at that too! I'm DYING to see the table and chairs and duvet, so hurry the heck up! I WISH I WAS CRAFTY LIKE YOU! :(

Dana said...

The bags are BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Nice! I love the Orange one... I'm not an orange person myself... But that one looks really nice.

Unknown said...

Cute bags! I'm with you on the orange - i keep finding myself drawn to it . . . Good luck on etsy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...