Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Year's News - it is that time of year, right?

Well hello there friends! Remember me?  I used to blog more regularly around here.  Like 2 years ago! And I used to sew quite a bit. And generally do a lot more things that have gone to the wayside with the demands of family, military, and school life!  I actually have been doing some things, just not sitting down to blog about them.  Mostly I annoy everyone over on instagram (@amylouwhosews) with the minutia of my daily life.

But you know what? I miss blogging! I miss connecting on blogs. I miss being motivated by readers comments!  I'm not even sure if people really comment that much on blogs anymore. Do they? I know I haven't.  The quick ease of a comment on a photo on IG has spoiled me rotten! Typing on my phone or iPad is just too much! (Oh brother - #firstworldproblems) (and see that hashtag?! Totally evidence of my IG addiction.)

Anyway, we did move. I love my new house! I wish I could just get it organized! And then keep it that way! And clean!  My life since Thanksgiving was absolutely crazy!  We ended this fun spell last week with the wedding of my darling sister-in-law (whose bouquet was absolutely AMAZING!)

(Looks like flickr has changed a bit too in my absence)

I just want to tell you I have a list a mile long of things I'd like to show you.  Quilts I've finished, clothing I've made, and generally just start sharing here again.  I'd love it if you'd join me! and the conversation! Comments are motivation as lame as that sounds - but then at least I know I'm not just talking to myself!  

See you soon!  What are you working on this year?

22 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Ella said...

I've missed seeing you in the blog-o-phere. But the Stash Bashers got me into IG, so I'm not in complete withdrawal. Are you coming this year? Congrats on the new house and all the glorious newness!

Brynn said...

Hello there again! Good to see you again :)

Sherri said...

IG is fast and fun...but I do think there is still a need for blogging! Welcome back!

Katy Cameron said...

Welcome back :o) I'm flaky about my IG-ing, but I'm trying to get better at it

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Yay you are back!! I wish I IG'd - I must get a new phone so I can keep up with everyone!!

Lauren said...

I'm addicted to IG too, it's the first thing I look at in the morning. Which is how I knew you blogged! Welcome back!

Michele said...

I have missed you too and truly hope that you will blog more. I'm not in IG at all, from what I hear that is way too dangerous.

Marcia R said...

Obviously I see you on IG all the time, but recently I've even thought of starting a blog. Now that my children are all away from home, I talk to myself all the time. I could just type that in a blog and hope someone is listening. Oh, and I also think in hashtags now. It's so 2014. Glad you're back!!

sonia said...

I'm also addicted to instagarm, and they say it is the new blogging, but I still love my blog, I'm glad you're back. Love hearing from you.

Suzy-Homemaker said...

Welcome Back@

Chris the Quilter said...

I''m on IG too, but it's nice to sit with a cup of tea and catch up!

welcome back!!

Alisa said...

I'm not really on IG and I would love to see you back on your blog. :-)

Catherine said...

I know exactly what you mean....I love IG, for the quick hit stuff, but I love the convos that happen here on the blog (and that I have a few more characters to work with and can put more than one pic in a post). I've missed you here, but enjoyed your IGs...wishing you the best in the new year!

trish said...

Hi Amy!! :o) Welcome back! :o) Trish

AnneMarie said...

Welcome back Amy! Although IG is fast and fun, I found I really miss the more personal connections made by blogging. Although I have kept up with my own blog, comments have gone done drastically and I admit I haven't been reading others either. A new year's resolution for myself is to make just one comment per day to help bring the blog back!

Hugs! AM

Kristy said...

YAY!!! You are back. Can't wait to see what fun stuff you have to show us and tell us.

Shay said...

Love you girl and your crazy busy life! I love it when you blog because I hear your voice through your words. I can hear you laughing out loud at yourself too! You've always cracked me up. Keep on Blogging. But, I do have to say that I just recently joined Flickr and I really love it. I probably love it more because I didn't see all the big changes they made.

allyn said...

just stopped by. so good to see you. that bouquet is gorgeous! can't wait to see your projects. i haven't blogged and i haven't projected. okay, that's not entirely true, but the resolution is to start!

jlk said...

Welcome back to blogging!

Anonymous said...

Sew glad you are back! The addition of food on Wed is a good idea. I run dry on dinner ideas. Can't wait to see your projects :)

Susana Neiger said...

Glad to see you back!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the house! I had a quick question and was hoping that you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks!

Emily : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...