Wednesday, October 19, 2011

{amylouwho} bliss(ful) table runner

I feel like I'm riding a major sewing tidal wave since I got back from the Sewing Summit! I want to cut into every piece of fabric I own, and THAT is NOT normal.  Usually I just want to hoard it.

I bought some Bliss ages ago and then decided to make a table runner for a friend.  It has sat around getting neglected for far too long.  I decided the other day to make a mess and cut out a bunch of stuff!  So I headed over to (another) Amy's blog to look at her easy quilted table runner tutorial.  SO easy!

So I hacked up lovingly cut up my fabric into strips.

Bliss tablerunner - strips cut
Then I played with the layout.
Bliss Tablerunner - strips arranged
Then I sewed it up!
Bliss Tablerunner - strips sewn

I want to use the brown medallion for the binding (or the red), but I don't quite have enough.  I do however have enough to cut some more strips and put another one together~to keep!!  I love this fabric.

Thanks Amy for a quick and easy tutorial!  I'll share the finish on Sew & Tell soon!

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday!  It's my first time!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Unknown said...

Your Bliss looks great as a table runner! :)

Scooquilt said...

Hey, glad you are posting! This is nice-love those fabrics. I am Valerie (Evening in the Garden).

sonia said...

I love Bliss, it makes me happy everytime I see it. I would love to see the finished table runner, it looks fantastic already!

Rebecca said...

That looks great!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Lovely table runner, Amy :) That's awesome that you feel so inspired by the Sewing Summit! It was definitely an inspiring place!

Kathy said...

I'm totally jealous of that beautiful Bliss fabric! Great job!

Anonymous said...

It's always better when fabric gets put to use. I have to remind myself that all the time with some of my favorites. That's going to be a lovely table runner!

Briana Arlene said...

Pretty! I got to work with this fabric line for a friend's dresden plate quilting bee block a few months ago, and was surprised how much I like it. I think the fabric is even prettier in person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...