Tuesday, August 11, 2009

fabric love

I feel like there are so many things I want to tell you about, but don't know where to start. Then again, pictures of fabric always seem appropriate!

I love this from Erin McMorris' Park Slope. I'm envisioning a bag. But that could change. I haven't cut into it yet! Remember my theory on potential energy?


I think I have thing for circular floral designs. Here is Henna from Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market and Erin McMorris again. Not sure what I'm going to do with these. . . . . . . . Or am I? (evil laugh)


Another thing that I've got going on in my head is quilts. Quilts I need to finish (2!), quilts I want to make (1,000,000!), quilts I'm afraid to try (1,000,000), quilts I have enough fabric for (probably 10 or more). My husband and I went on a date (gasp! did I mention he's home? probably...yeah, I'm pretty sure I did.) last weekend. We went out to dinner and then hung out at the bookstore! Something we used to do a lot more of. I ended up coming home with this book, remembering a recommendation by Amber (One Shabby Chick).




This is officially my first quilt book. I love the title - I think we can all relate! And I love the story of the two shop owners, who blog here. They have patterns ranging from easy to difficult. And one of my favorites happens to be in the easy section - so it's on the list. I just have to finish my other two before I start any more.... ugh, the agony of waiting. Does anybody else wait to start new projects before old ones are finished? I'm trying to put an end to my procrastination! Unfortunately, the fear of messing up or not knowing exactly what to do next gets in the way.

Speaking of procrastinating - I have 2 quilt blocks for A Notion or Two that I drafted up Sunday. I want to finish them by the end of the week....

Please, tell me I'm not the only one with a to-do and want-to-do list a mile long! What's on your list?

9 crafty mcCrafters commented:

allyn said...

i think my to-do list is 2 miles long and want-to-do list is even longer. i am liking that erin mcmorris stuff. i am not familiar with that name, but i am pretty sure i have seen that fabric.
good luck in your quest to create.

Adrienne said...

I JUST picked up this book!!! I am SUPER brand new to quilting and I LOVE IT! I just finished my very first one!

My to do list gets longer EVERY DAY! LOL I have a million quilts I want to make lol.

Jen said...

You know ... I think I'm one of the only sewers who doesn't have a stash of fabric. 95% of the time I only buy fabric for a project in mind. My list is always a mile long ...

Amy said...

Of course not - I think many of us are in the same boat. My house is a constant mess, my inspiration list is every-growing and my available time seems to be less and less each day!

I think I forgot to thank you for the completely unnecessary but very sweet thank you note.

Lauren said...

Hi! I just found your blog and love it. I love it even more now that I know I am not the only one who has quilts to finish but has about twice as many new quilt ideas in mind. I am sort of new to quilting so I am finishing up my second quilt and already thinking about another one. It's an addiction!

I love your blog! Thanks!

Sarah said...

Yummy. Love it!

Unknown said...

Seriously! Your first quilt book!? Well you picked the right one!! Love your fabric additions - yum! :)

beth said...

love your fabric picks...and there will always be too many quilts to make...just like there are too many books to read. :)

smileymamaT said...

Hi! I think I'm a new visitor here :).. I love your blog, and your fabric photos (that top photo - I'm nearly drooling over here) and your aprons and your bags and OK I need to move on now. Anyway, very glad I happened by. And I love that ginormous pincushion too. :) T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...