Tuesday, February 24, 2009

attitude adjustment

We have a new JoAnn's in town. I wasn't that excited. I mean the two that are near me (both 15 miles away - and virtually the only fabric store choices around) were dark, and cramped and dirty - with not a great selection. So I was lured to the new store by a 50% off coupon. I figured at the very least I could buy some ribbon.


Well my attitude took a 180 degree turn as soon as I walked into a big, clean, well-lit store with smiling workers! WOAH!! Looks like they all had attitude adjustments too. Now, it's not like they have Amy Butler, but I did find this cute quilter's flannel that was a perfect match for some pink minky with which I've been wanting to make a receiving blanket. And I have to admit, they had a lot of other cute stuff too (some of which I bought - see above pic).



I couldn't leave the boys out!


I just listed these in my etsy shop over there on the right.

8 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Sarah said...

I'm split on JoAnn's. I love the coupons and there are definitely things I like to get there for a good price. Their fabric selection is getting better. Typically, however, I leave mad at the world...or at their staff. I'll try and have a better attitude. :)

Jen said...

We have a larger Joann store near us too, and the selection on quilting fabric is much better than most of their stores. But ... their apparel selection is still lacking. Bugs me ... I really want to feel the drape of an apparel fabric before I buy it. And half the store is more craft-related than sewing. Still - it is much better.

I find that I can't use the coupon for a really good deal, because the fabric I want is already discounted a little bit, so I can't use the coupon too.

Lala said...

Hi Amy!!! THanks for the visit!!!

We have 2 JoAnns "near" us... one is smaller... and all the workers there meet the b*tchy requirment... the other (just over the state line) is the "big Jos"... I typically make a run for the border!!!

LOVE those prints you got!!!

Lala :o)

Amy said...

So...what are you going to make me with those cute fabric you just got? My birthday is in oh!!! 5 months!!! LOL! I love the quilts you made...darling. Thank you for the Valentine card. I loved it and its on my fridge. :)

shelia said...

wow! looks like you did pretty well at JoAnns..i particularly like the paisley/flower print. Yum

sewtakeahike said...

ooohhh, Amy you scored! love those prints you picked up! your little blankies are so cute and cuddly looking!

randi said...

Cute goods! Our closest Joannes is one hour away so I don't go often. I like it when I am there though! ;)

Julie said...

I really like the baby blankets you made, very cute. You certainly have an eye for nice fabric!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...