Friday, October 22, 2010

sew & tell - pin.sew.press.

I just got back from a little trip to go to my high school reunion.  I was able to spend a few extra days hanging out with friends I moved away from earlier this year and we had a blast!  I saw my generous sewing friend Kim and got to use her awesome Bernina to start quilting my BIRD QUILT.  I KNOW! Did you think I'd forgot about it?  I'm trying to finish it for next Friday!
Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival
Because of Amy's awesome Festival, we won't have our regular sew & tell next week.  I encourage all of you to pull out a quilt and blog about it to enter into the festival.  Click on the button above to read more about it.  Our regular sew & tell will resume on November 5th and you will be able to post 2 weeks worth of finishes!  Sound good?

Because I didn't actually finish anything this week, I asked a sew & teller to lend me a picture.  I think I'm going to be doing this more often.  I have some bigger projects I'm going to be working on and I'm feeling the stress of having to have something to post EVERY week.  I'm not superwoman, by any means.  Plus it's all of you who make this so fun!  I think it will be fun to feature you guys!  Let me know if you need some extra motivation to finish something and I can give you a Friday here on the 'front page'.

I'm sure if you've been following us here at sew & tell, you've seen the lovely work of Mary at Pin.Sew.Press.  She made that awesome ruffled bag for the Amy Butler Extravaganza.  Well just look at what she finished this week.
The Nigella Bag
picture courtesy of Mary. Click on the pic to go to her Flickr.

I KNOW!!! And more Amy Butler.  I have this fabric in a different colorway, and now I need to get THAT project done too.

Mary will tell you more about this gorgeousness in her own post.  Please go leave her some comment love.

What did you finish this week?

NEW RULES FOR LINKING UP!  Please read carefully.  The delete monster will be eating non-compliant links.
1. Please write the post for sew & tell - or add a blurb mentioning sew & tell to a post written earlier in the week.  This is not a tutorial party.  Please link to any tutorials you may have used, even your own, in the post.
2. One linky per person. (please put multiple projects in one post.)
3. Link to your specific post.  (See here for permalink instructions - or email me.)
4. Link back here with a link or a button.
5. Comment away!

15 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Miri said...

Thanks for the notice about the Quilt Festival!

Great idea to have guests-I know I can't join in every week-I tend to make big quilts! But I love stopping by and seeing what's been done even on the weeks I don't have anything (not this week, though-I'm in and I'm first :)

Lovely bag...beautiful fabric.

Dee said...

oooh, anothe quilt festival to be awed and amazed at! thanks for the heads up!

the bag is cute and I'm so glad you're working on the bird quilt again! it's a fave with me!

Larri said...

Just stopping by to drool over everyone's finishes. I've lost my Sewing mo-jo along the way. Hoping Sew&Tell will jumpstart my sewing. Happy Friday! :o)

jednoiglec said...

I love your Sew&Tell - after last time I found so many great blogs and inspirations!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Awesome guest post...that is my favorite bag pattern, I've made 6 of them, but this colorway looks awesome! I love the detail on the bottom, too.

Thanks for posting about Quilt Festival...I'm going to try to finish up my quilt so that I can have a post for that week! You're so awesome!!

Mary said...

Hi Amy! I hope you had fun at your reunion. Thanks for featuring me today!

Anonymous said...

Great idea to feature someones work! What a great bag. I am still drooling over the one she featured for Amy Butler week!!
Life happens to all of is and it's not always 'possible' to finish something every week - but still great to come along and be inspired by everyone's work none the less.

Dianne said...

Oh, I absolutely love the bag! I haven't tried to sew one yet, but want to so badly. Thanks for the great inspiration! I'm also really excited about the bloggers quilt festival. I just recently started quilting and sharing what I've made on my blog and I'm so anxious to see everyone's quilts and find some great blogs to visit!

Kristen said...

Very nicely put together bag!

I am glad we are skipping a week. It will let me catch my breath!

Vicki said...

the bag looks great! Thanks for hosting Sew and Tell, Amy!

Leah said...

Thanks for hosting the Show-n-tell! At first I didn't think I had anything to show... but I did... Strange how some small projects don't seem like you completed anything.

Aunt Spicy said...

That bird quilt is amazing! Love it still! So glad you had fun at the reunion!

I just finished up the IKEA fabric quilt and have it ready to go to the quilter!

Lisa said...

That bag is awesome awesome awesome awesome.

Lots of bags in here today. Must be in the air. :0)

I like the idea of the guest poster.
And you definitely chose a great one. I popped over there and nosed around a bit earlier today, but I am going to have to go back and really check it out now.

NEEDLE BENDER said...

I really like your bag. I am a bag lover-maker too. Thank you for your sew and tell--so we can share what we've done.

Cecily said...

Just wanted to mention that I am so excited about the quilt fest I can hardly stand it! Can't wait to see what you finish for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...