Friday, October 15, 2010

sew & tell - more quilting bee catch up!

I have been sorely lacking in my promptness of getting bee blocks back to their owners.  I have 3 more blocks to share today which brings me to only one more block on the list - and it's the one for October!  So really, I'm caught up!

I did these two Denyse-Schmidt-Drunk-Love-in-a-Log-Cabin-inspired blocks for the lovely Amy of Vintage Fern.
For Amy R.


For Amy R.


She has such a distinct eye for vintage sheets and fabric!  Personally, I think the pink and green one looks better, mostly because I did it 2nd and didn't make some of the same errors as I did on the first one.
*****
This next block was causing me some creative block in my brain.  Tara of Tiny Glutton sent us a couple inspiration links initially, but when I went back to find them I only found one - it was of a Union Jack pillow.  Super cute!  But I wasn't feeling the love for doing one of them.  The other link I remember was a dolled up vinatge-y caravan decorated a la Cath Kidston.  I found the link (really - you must go see it!  It's my dream house) again Wednesday morning as I was trying to figure out what to do - and then I saw it:
images via Happy Love Rosie
Buntings!
For Tara - bunting detail

Flowers!
For Tara - window box detail
Windows!
For Tara and her caravan 
I worked on it off and on all day because I was so excited and wanted it finished!  It's in my top 3 of favorite blocks I've done for my bee.  I really need to make an aqua and red quilt.  REALLY.  Must start collecting fabric.
*****
Thanks for a great link up party last week!  I think the new rules for linking will help us have a great time together!  I won't be around much this weekend, so pardon my absence from replying and commenting - I'll be checking in next week.  Can't wait to see what you accomplished this week!


NEW RULES FOR LINKING UP!  Please read carefully.  The delete monster will be eating non-compliant links.
1. Please write the post for sew & tell - or add a blurb mentioning sew & tell to a post written earlier in the week.  Link to any tutorials you may have used, even your own. 
2. One linky per person. (please put multiple projects in one post.)
3. Link to your specific post.  (See here for permalink instructions - or email me.)
4. Link back here with a link or a button.
5. Comment away!

22 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Lauren said...

I love the bunting, window, flower block. It's so cute. I am afraid to look at the link you got the inspiration from, my apartment is finally all painted and almost done and if I get inspired I might have to re-paint! haha. Not really, but maybe.
Happy Friday!

Lauren

jlk said...

That is one cute block! Are you going to make one for yourself?

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Wow, the blue/red one is amazing...I think it's so imaginative! I really love how all the fabrics go together so well. So pretty!

Dee said...

I like the pink and green block better to, more my color combo!

the red and aqua is too sweet. I just finished a bee block using these colors! you really do need to do one!

happy weekend!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Nothing like a little bunting to make your day. Love your projects, as always.

Anonymous said...

They are all gorgeous but I think you've outdone yourself with the bunting windows - they are SOOOO stinkin CUTE!! Go you!! :)

jednoiglec said...

The block with window is gorgeous! Love the idea of making it!

Sarah Craig said...

Fabulous block, Amy! So inspiring!!

Haylee said...

Have fun at your reunion. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the window block. You are going to HAVE to show me how to make one. I would love a wall hanging of that.

beth said...

That window block is going to be sooo popular! i can see it now all over blogland! cute. cute. cute.

tara said...

Yes, you really pulled out some magic with the bunting block. Lucky me. I may have to make bunting for the trailer. Eeek. Fun fun.

Cecily said...

Love that bunting block and I think a red and aqua quilt would be just stunning!

sewfunbymonique said...

that is a seriously cute block, so creative!!

Lappedamen said...

The wonky log cabin blocks are one of my favourite blocks, but this time your window block takes the 1st prize. It is really pretty.

LakshmiRP said...

The dress i have posted is reversible and the shots are from Day 8 of navarathri, the penultimate day...

Kristen said...

That looks fantastic! All of them!

Is Drunk Love a look or a pattern? A look?

I love the florals and the overall style of Happy Loves Rosie too. Though... my husband wouldn't be so accommodating with me decorating my whole house like that!;)

Catherine said...

I do likek all your blocks Amy but that last one is just so pretty and I just love that colour combo too!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that window - genius!

amy smart said...

That bunting/window block is perhaps one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Period.

Dianne said...

I absolutely LOVE the bunting and window block! Those retro fabrics are beautiful and it's just the cutest thing I've ever seen! I am new to your site and signed up for your "Sew and Tell Fridays" for the first time today. I've been spending the afternoon looking at everyone's projects and I'm having a blast! Thanks so much for creating a place for us to share! :-)

Aunt Spicy said...

I am still simply dying over the bunting window. Dying. You did such a great job!

ps. so excited that I will have something for next weeks Sew and Tell!

sewtakeahike said...

Amy, your blocks are completely amazing. I love it when I see someone's heart in the things they've made. And that doesn't happen too often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...