Monday, October 04, 2010

i've got amazing friends

And you all fit in that category!

Thank you so much for your nice comments every week.  And for loving sew & tell so much.  You all certainly keep me going.  I have so many things on my to-do list and posting for sew & tell keeps me working instead getting overwhelmed by everything.  Well, maybe I still get overwhelmed, but I like the feeling when I finish something.

Do you want to see some cool stuff some other amazing friends have done for me?

Most of you sew&tellers know E. from pinksuedeshoes.  I've taken to just calling her pink.  She called me a few weeks ago from one of her favorite thrift stores and then texted me a picture of this:
Her question:  I just saw this for $10, do you want me to pick it up for you?
Turquoise? Sewing Machine?  I think you know my answer!  Now I owe her $10, in quarters.  Because yes, that's how she paid!  Love her!  Thanks Pink!

*****
And you may have seen Aunt Spicy's Scotty dogs from a Denyse Schmidt pattern!  I got a surprise in the mail from her a few weeks ago!  She said it was for babylouwho, but I may just have to keep her.
We had a terrier growing up and I've always had a soft spot in my heart for them.  I think these patchwork ones are just so cute!

Aunt Spicy and I were introduced by Amy of Diary of a Quilter (who I met last January).  Amy thought we would have fun together and we lived in the same area.  We emailed and commented on each others blogs and even spoke of the phone a few times.  Unfortunately, because of my crazy having a baby and then moving plan and her busy job we never had a chance to meet.  Until a couple weeks ago!  She blogged about it here.  It was a fun time spent at IKEA!!  Thanks for the pup and the IKEA trip and thanks Amy, for introducing a new friend!

*****
My friend Kim doesn't blog, but should (hint hint).  I talked about her a while ago when she gave me a lovely collection of Heather Ross in pink for my baby girl.  I need to figure out what to make her with it.  Kim and I met at Costco.  She's like a kindred sewing spirit and I was sad to move away before we could spend much time together.  I saw her a couple weeks ago too.  And she sent me home with this:

and this:

and this:

perfect for a quilt for my little guy named:
It's a good thing I didn't take a picture of her stash.  If I did, you would all be googling her to figure out where she lives so you could raid it.  She is a kind and generous friend.  I have enough of this to make a twin sized quilt!  I just love those goldfish - they are perfect!!  Thank you Kim!!
*****
I know this is getting lengthy.  I've got a couple more things to show... I'll save them for another day.  But let's just say, baby booties and Japanese fabric.

What's a favorite sewing related gift you have received?  Seriously, I want to know!

21 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Jenn said...

My favorite sewing related gift is actually my machine. When I decided to learn how to sew I borrowed my Mom's old trusty sewing machine...and I broke it. Dad tried to fix it (and couldn't). So for Christmas last year she bought me a brand new machine of my very own! :)

Dree said...

My grandmother made me a Scotty dog just like that when I was a kid! In the 70s...he was grays with a red collar and pink inner ears :)

Darci said...

Does this Kim live here in California?????

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

WOW That is quite a haul of HR. Lucky! Nice machine too!

allyn said...

i can't believe she gave you so much. usually give away fabric isn't half as adorable and high-quality. kindred spirit indeed.

Leah said...

What a wonderful gift...

My husband recently brought me back some wonderful fabric from his trip to Finland... now to figure out what to do with them!

LollyChops said...

I just have one thing to say....

I am JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!

Aunt Spicy said...

Just a sign of what a good friend you are that you attrack good friends :-) Am super loving the sewing machine and fabric, and of course just glade that a Scotty went to a loving home!

sallgood said...

My nephew was living in Korea, teaching English, and he got some beautiful silk for me! I've never figured out just what to do with it, but I love looking at it. And my daughter brought me some lace doilies from Romania- those will be on pillows some day!!

Leslie said...

i have never gotten gifts as cool as these. you do have amazing friends. she was so generous with her fabric and that sewing machine is amazing.

Rene' said...

Amy, you do have amazing friends!!! Lovely gifts you received. The most surprising sewing related gift I received was a stack of beautiful fabric cut and ready to go when I went on a quilt retreat.

pinksuedeshoe said...

My dear friend TraceyJay sent me the cut pieces for a beautiful rainbow dresden that I am working on for my MIL for Christmas. My MIL gave me my sewing machine almost five years ago and it has truly changed my life!

Can't wait for you to get your machine!

Regina said...

My favorite sewing gift is my sewing machine from my husband but my favorite already made gift is a large picnic blanket my sister in law made me. It fits the whole family and one side has the clear plastic on it. I drag that thing everywhere!

Anonymous said...

New here, just found you. Strolling through your blog this morning was like walking through a rainbow. So colorful and crafty. I truly enjoyed my visit. Thank you for having me. Tammy

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Wow, beautiful sewing machine! I guess I will have to save up airfare to go visit Kim, if that's what happens when you go to Kim's house. lol just kidding

Lappedamen said...

Yes, you have amazing friends. The fabrics are gorgeous. The turquise sewing machine is a scoop! My favorite sewing related gift is my mother in law's sewing box.

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

Each Christmas my stepmother gives my husband and I each a quilt! She has been doing this the last several years and they are my most favorite gifts each year!

Andy said...

woah - that lovely singer is the exact machine I learned to sew on! my mom still owns it, but keeps it just for memory's sake. It was a real work horse - never had problems. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Wendy said...

Who makes these fabrics and where can I get some? I have wanted that wee gnome fabric for ages and now my daughter read over my shoulder and is demanding I get some of all of it. Well, smart girl, I say. The stuff is ADORABLE!!!! Please let us all know!

janae king...sewing patterns said...

okay, that is the cutest fabric in the world!!!! i love the buses and the owls...i just bought a sewing machine at a garage sale JUST like the one in your picture - read about it on my blog.

Debbie said...

oooo long time to see my sweet friend...blogging has not been on my priority list and I have missed reading your blog...love these fabrics...you are amazing...i miss ya lots and i will call you soon...
hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...