Friday, August 27, 2010

sew & tell - more clutches

If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!

It's Friday! If you didn't read yesterday's post about my sew & tell survey go read it! I want your input, for reals!  (plus if you want to go like my Facebook page you can click over from there - or the tab up top...)

OH, and MORE information about the Amy Butler sew & tell here. And just to clarify - you just have to use some element of Amy Butler in your sewing project to link up that day.  There will also be prizes for commenters.  Yes, it's going to be THAT fun.  Get ready!

I hope you have all had a fun week that involved some sewing!  I was able to finish up some clutches that I cut out a few weeks ago when I helped Jessica make her's.

I have a few friends who have really helped me out these past few months, and I wanted to make them something fun, useful and cute.  I hope I succeeded!

To clarify, they are a good size for a diaper clutch if you need one, but they'll also work for throwing your phone, wallet and keys in to as well!  You can find the instructions in Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing.  I modified it a bit (size and one of the techniques), but they sew up so quickly!

The buttons are all re-purposed from old suits.  You know how you get an extra button in a tiny ziploc bag with some clothing?  Well, I had a former boss who was always dressed to the nines (in fact I didn't know what that meant until I worked for her) and she brought me all of her old buttons one day!  How nice was that?!  The pink and the turquoise are both fabric covered and the other is, maybe?, a Chanel button?  It wouldn't surprise me.  But it could just be a knock off.
I love how they turned out and I can't wait to make more.  Maybe even one to keep?  How about I giveaway a pink one on Amy Butler day?

What sewing project did you finish this week?


Please show good bloggy manners and follow the linky rules.  Refer to the sew & tell page   if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been  deleted.
1. Link to your specific  post  about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew   & tell in your post and link back to this  post (link or button) so  everyone can join in.
3.  Pat each other on the backs in the comments! Please, don't just link up and leave, we all want to hear from you!

 

22 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Larri said...

Ooh! I love those clutches! I haven't purchased any Amy Butler fabric, but all your posts are sorely tempting me! :o) Happy Sewing!
Larri at Seams Inspired

Miri said...

Adorable clutches!

Haylee said...

I love the clutches. I think we should get together one day and make a bunch. They would be fun to have on hand to give out as gifts. I still haven't bought any Amy Butler fabric yet. Maybe, I'll get some soon.

trish said...

Good Morning Amy. :o)
Thank you for answering my question about the Amy Butler sewing. :o)
Your clutches are so cute and I love how you were able to re-purpose the buttons! Clever and cute! :o)
This week I have been working on cutting fabric for a new quilt. :o) I look forward to posting when it is finished.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

ktquilts said...

The clutches look so sweet! Great gifts. Still no sewing machine on this end. Waiting for the spare pares fairies at Janome to decide to send the parts!!! Patience is not my strong suit. Only finish I have is a mountain of cutting, I may never get it all sewn I am so far ahead!!! LOL!!

Nicole said...

That Japanese fabric is killing me! So cute.

I have so many projects with all the ingredients for and now all I can think about is using my full punch card at Material Girls to buy Amy Butler fabric. Sigh.

Cecily said...

Those are some awesome clutches and fabrics. The tula pink butterfly is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Love the clutches. I'm having to order some Amy Butler because I can't find any local store that carries it. :/

Thanks for hosting such a fun linky party. My favorite part is that is has to be something done THIS WEEK! It is a great motivator and I love seeing everyone else's projects!

~Michelle

Nina... said...

I love quick and simple projects! Your clutches are adorable. I'm glad to be back for Sew and Tell and I love the new "set up" that includes an image, very nice, indeed. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog, I appreciate it very much. Have a great weekend and I'll see ya next week. : )

Michelle said...

Very cute clutches! That is so cool your boss brought you her extra buttons. The right button can really dress up a project.

beth said...

Love the buttons!!

Laura said...

I hope that pink one is for me!!! :) So cute.

Mary said...

Cute clutches! I especially like the Flutterby one :-)

pinksuedeshoe said...

I think giving away a pink one on Amy Butler day is a fantastic idea! Also, that Japanese Import fabric is adorable, so so cute!

Rebecca said...

Great gifts! I'm looking forward to all the Amy Butler posts!

Kristie said...

Love these clutches! So cute, and the fabrics and buttons are great.

I have been hosting "Bag Lady Week" at my blog all week (www.ocd-obsessivecraftingdisorder.blogspot.com), so these are right up my alley at the moment :-) I added a couple of my bags I made this week into your sew and tell (my first time joining, what fun!).

Have a great weekend!

Paulette said...

Those clutches are so cute, and they look really handy. Love that fabric.

Jan M said...

Such a sweet and thoughtful gift! I love the assortment of fabrics you used.

Leslie said...

these little bags are so cute! i am so relieved to get this old WIP made for this weeks sew and tell, thanks again for hosting us all of the time.

Oh Sew Addicted said...

Your little bags are sew cute! I love the fabrics and yes, I too use those extra buttons that come with suits and sweaters!
Great job! Thanks for sponsoring Sew and Tell Fridays!
carla louise
www.ohsewaddicted.com

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

oh fine. go be all crafty without me. sheesh.

u know i'm just jealous. i LOVE the clutches.

Ivory Spring said...

Amy, those clutches are TOOOO cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...