Tuesday, June 02, 2009

a notion or two - may block

I think I'm addicted to wonder under. If given an opportunity to put an applique on a quilt block - I think I've taken it.


Mommymae's quilt this month is for her little boy who loves robots and the like. I hope the rocket is in line with the theme. In my attempt to be artistic it may not have the same pop as I had hoped for - but I didn't have many boy prints to choose from that fit the color scheme. The flame is half of a dahlia from the Farmers Market line!

*****
My sewing (and sometimes eating) table is full of fun things while my mom is here.

I'm pretty impressed we've been as productive as we have. I expect things to decrease dramatically when she leaves.

*****
I had the funniest dream last night. Actually it was this morning. When I WENT BACK TO SLEEP at 7 am because my saintly mother got up with the kids for me. ahhhhh, bliss.

Anyway, we had moved into a new rental and the owners were showing us around and had left a bunch of things there for us to use - like baby stuff and some furniture. Then I was checking out the basement and walked by a gleaming beautiful extended arm sewing machine! And then around the corner were 3 more! It took me a minute to process that I was going to have access to these machines and then I started hyperventilating I was so excited!! I then found out the owner had an etsy shop and made cute headbands and scarves to sell.

I think I've been reading to many blogs.

Or maybe there is a new sewing machine in my future. Or a house I like!

One can dream.

9 crafty mcCrafters commented:

One Shabby Chick said...

I'm laughing so hard at the dream - I have weird ones like that too! But wouldn't that be fun!
I've already told you this but I LOVE that block - it is sooo cute! And how fun to be quilting with your mom...and sleepng in!

Valerie said...

What a creative block! Surely the recipient is going to swoon over that one. :)

I have crazy dreams all the time, but not with any long-arm machines -- that is too funny...

Sarah said...

Oooh, glad you got to sleep in! I love your block...I'm still contemplating what to do with mine for May...got to get on that!

MichelleB said...

I love that block! It is darling. The flame is perfect. That dream sounded more like a waking dream! LOL

Unknown said...

cute dream! wouldn't that be nice :)

sewtakeahike said...

Maybe all three Amy! I really love the fire coming out of your rocket ship, using the dahlia was so creative!

Dana said...

You guys are productive!! How fun!

Debbie said...

hmmmmm...
hey i am on a hunt of looking for some hot pink, white, and black fabric for Nicolette's bedding...if you see anything really cute let me know please...

allyn said...

how hilarious. the long arms, the cute house, the etsy shop with headbands. you do read too many blogs.
i am glad your mom is here to create with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...