Tuesday, June 09, 2009

how does your garden grow?

sweet peas


and broccoli

some even with flowers! (oops - I think I should have picked this sooner....)

Red Lettuce

And lavender.


I love this method of gardening. If you have ever wanted to garden, but were too intimidated to try - this is a great way to start! This is my 3rd year and it's getting easier and better and more fun. It's like a science experiment all summer long. I learned last year not to plant 4 foot zinnias in my boxes, they leached everything out so my produce didn't produce!

If you are gardening and blogging about it, let me know! I love seeing what people are doing.

We will resume our regularly scheduled sewing after this. I've got a few blocks to sew together.

11 crafty mcCrafters commented:

One Shabby Chick said...

We did the square foot gardening last year - it really is great...but we are pretty bad gardeners! Yours looks fantastic!

Karen said...

looks like lunch to me! beautiful.

The Letteer Family said...

How did you do your garden?? I've never made one and would like to try once we get some land we can plant it in! :)

allyn said...

you have real peas already? when did you get your seeds in? we just have leafless beanstalks. we have cute little bunnies in our yard who love bean leaves, i guess.

Sarah said...

You've got some NICE growth there, missy! Very impressive!

MichelleB said...

Your veggies look great! When did you get the seeds in?

Unknown said...

Impressive! I've got baby seedlings that need afternoon watering still, hopefully my lettuce and peas catch up to your soon :)

Cheryl Arkison said...

So jealous... no gardening here.
How are you holding up these days?

Debbie said...

tell us all about how you are doing your gardening????

Mary said...

It looks loverly! I will have to post pictures of my garden now so that I can be as cool as you!

amylouwhosews said...

If you want to know more about square foot gardening you can just google it - the author is Mel Bartholomew. Great stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...