Friday, May 22, 2009

pink poodles and some new fabric

My sister-in-law who brought me back the cute Japanese Fabric mentioned a few times how she thought the poodle fabric would be a cute apron. I decided it was a good chance to make up an apron I had seen a couple of years ago.


It's got three large pockets (8x8) across the front and I used a pink linen blend that matched well with weight of the other fabric.

Because the poodle fabric was so cute I made it reversible without pockets on the other side.

And who can resist a little pom pom fringe?! I was worried she would think it was a bit too girly, but she loved it!

And doesn't she look cute?! Never mind she's 3 months pregnant, with number 3!

*****
I've been doing a bit of fabric shopping lately. Surprised? You should be impressed I'm branching out!

Tina Givens Fairy Tip Toes. This stuff is amazing. I bought a panel to make something for myself. I don't know if it will just end up being a wallhanging or if I'll make a little lap quilt. At any rate, I'm totally smitten with it!

My best friend from high school has commissioned a bag for a mission trip to Austria she's going on this summer. I loved the daisies! Al Fresco by Michele D'Amore.


I was also asked by a friend to make some bedding for her baby girl that's coming in August. She came over yesterday to discuss details and pick fabrics. I'm in love with what she chose. (l-r) Amy Butler Belle Acanthus in Olive, Hot Pink minky and Sandi Henderson Farmer's Market in Medallion Bloom.

I'm going to be busy!

15 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Sarah said...

These fabrics are gorgeous!!! Totally addicting! I know I found one that I love that has pink in it and there is NO pink in my house, what to do!!! :)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

You have been busy!! Those fabrics are amazing! (all of them)

Jodi Nelson said...

Great post! Love all the fabrics! And that blue daisy fabric is so close to a new background I'm working on for my blog! Fabulous! LOVE it. ooxx`jodi

rachel griffith said...

she's 3 months pregnant...with #3.
wow.
:)

cute, cute stuff.

Sarah said...

Super cute apron...and sister who looks like she never had a baby at all! :)

One Shabby Chick said...

Fun fabrics! And that apron is so cute - great job!

Anonymous said...

Loving the very cute apron =)
And the shopping loot is gorgeous! =) =)

allyn said...

love the apron and the pompom show stoppers. i was thinking the model was super tiny even before you said she was pregnant.
the bedding is going to be so cute.


go wash your hands, feet and mouth!

Julie said...

Cute poodles!!! & I love that bumpy pink fabric, looks soft.

sewtakeahike said...

Very cute apron Amy!! The fringe makes it for sure!
I am very proud of you for busting out of your fabric box!! Your friends baby bedding is going to be fabulous, the fabrics she chose are sew cute together!

Unknown said...

CUTE apron! Love the fringe detail :) Your new fabrics are amazing!!

Megan Young said...

The fairy fabric is so wonderful, I can't wait to see it in person. If is more amazing than I imagined.
missed you today!!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Hubby calls those pompoms dingle balls. He once had them on the roof panels of is 70s era Pontiac Ventura. I like them better on the apron!

TheAkersFam said...

I CAN'T WAIT to see how my bag turns out... and when I saw that you wrote "my best friend from high school", I got the warm fuzzies. :)

You have such fabulous taste (in fabric, and friends, if I do say so myself!)

:)

Debbie said...

Oh my heart you just blow me away...every thing you create is sooooo beautiful... go check out my blog when you get a chance :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...