Friday, March 13, 2009

the land of misfit furniture

Do you remember in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Christmas Special, the Land of Misfit Toys? I'm afraid I'm becoming the social worker for misfit furniture!

I decided to go to my local Goodwill again (I haven't had much luck there) and see if there was anything interesting. I've been looking for a table for my entryway. Preferably something with drawers to keep phones, chargers, pocket change, etc. You know, all the stuff that gets lost. And I found this:


Sure it's got some character and needs a little TLC and some sandpaper. And that lonely soccerball knob just looks so sad. But at this price, I think I may be able to splurge for some fancy new hardware.

The only question now is, do I buy new paint? or use a color I already have?


Stay tuned for, Extreme Makeover: Goodwill edition!

14 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Cara said...

Um, hello? 99 cents! AWESOME!

amylouwhosews said...

oh it wasn't THAT cheap - but still 10.99 - not bad!

Karen said...

I haven't had much luck at the Goodwill either -in fact sometimes there isn't even a parking space so I just keep on going... i hear that they aren't getting the donations they used to...so many more people repurposing... Looks like you found something neat though - I cant wait to see how it turns out.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

WOW, I can't wait to see how that turns out!!

Mary said...

I am so jealous! Our Goodwill doesn't accept furniture. Nowhere in town does, so everyone just puts it in the trash. So sad. If you drive by at the right time you can get free stuff, though! You really must have "The Secret" down. You just think of something that you need and it appears -- brilliant!

Moore Family said...

I love finds like that. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
My favorite furniture is furniture that we have redone!

Lala said...

Hi AMy!!! WOW!!! At FIRST I thought it said .99 cents too... but then a closer look and I SAW $10.99 (STILL a FABULOUS PRICE!!!) I've been to our local GW twice... not much luck... maybe I need to visit more often! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Lala :o)

sewtakeahike said...

oh the suspense!!! oh, let me guess, you're gonna find matching soccer balls aren't you?

Jenny said...

I think it's a great size for an entryway table. Would look great in a creamy white or a green to go with your living room or beige or ... ;)

Unknown said...

Fun! have you made any decisions yet?

Amy said...

I can't wait to see what you do with it. I think it has really good potential.

Julie said...

Yes, I agree with everyone... great find & can't wait to see what you do with it.

My comment though, is about your profile description of yourself. I just noticed it today and all I have to say is...Hilarious!!! OCD = Obsessive Creative Disorder. That's GREAT (& creative)!!!!!

You're one funny girl. :) Julie

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see what you do! You inspire me because you are a lot like me. I am just starting to get into revamping ideas and doing it myself. It is a lot of fun! :)

Rheannan said...

I can't wait to see how this turns out! Me and my mom were talking about how crafty you are and how inspiring you are to me! :)
San diego was fun, my dad is pretty amazing! :)
Miss you too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...