Tuesday, December 02, 2008

better pictures of . . .

these. From that post way back when. When I didn't know there was a crafty blogland! I had a short stint at a bead store where I learned all sorts of cool stuff. And these necklaces were part of that. I am going to be listing them in my etsy shop in the next couple of days (when I have a break from my 3 year old asking for candy corn and trick-or-treating! - doesn't she understand it's CHRISTMAS?!). They will be over there <----------------- on my sidebar, when they're up.

This turquoise was sold to me as turquoise, but then the lady I worked for told me it was howlite - which is commonly dyed to look like turquoise. Real turquoise or not, I still think it's pretty. It's paired with red coral, sterling silver bali and accent beads and a versatile toggle clasp. It can be worn long, double stranded or as a lariat.


I love the colors in this. Smoky topaz and peridot. The focal stone is aventurine, I think. All sterling silver accents and handmade s-hook clasp.


Doesn't this one just scream fall? Smokey topaz, orange freshwater pearls, and carnelian. Sterling silver beads with a handmade s-hook clasp.

I'm tempted to keep these for myself. But the reality of it is that I don't wear jewelry that often. I hope that someone will love them as much as I do!


Speaking of posts from way back when. . .

When looking through my sitemeter stats I've noticed that people come here from a google search for Bart Simpson as Hamlet and Funfetti images. I love that those posts get looked at often - they are a couple of my favorites. Say what you will about the Simpson's but they do the best remakes! Anyone seen Homer's rendition of the Nutcracker? Hil.a.ri.ous.

P.S. Don't forget to check back for my giveaway tomorrow!

6 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Julie said...

Nice work, ha ha you know it's play! Love your eye for pretty things. :)

Nicole said...

I can't believe I haven't added you to my blog list (before just now, I mean). You do such BEAUTIFUL work. Thanks for visiting my little blog. Fabric crushing makes me smile. :) Also, Allyn has told me enough about you that I definitely don't think about our one and only meeting when I hear your name.

I was about to go get my favorite fabric and make a duvet cover after seeing your photos. Then I read that you had to match the print. And all that other stuff. Hmmmm.

sewtakeahike said...

Dang Amy! You are one multitalented chica! Love that red/turquoise necklace!

Debbie said...

awesome girl and yes vanessa took the pics. She is amazing!!!

Debbie said...

looking forward to tomorrow!!!

Sarah said...

I LOVE that turquoise and red one. So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...