Sunday, November 30, 2008

jenny's bag

This is one of the bags I cut out last weekend. It was a (belated) birthday gift for a dear friend of mine. I was telling her she needed to get a new bag when I saw the diaper bag she was using was not really working out. She wanted a classic but fun design that would go with a lot of different things. This black and white Michael Miller had her name all over it.

I found the Alexander Henry print for the lining at Joann's. I have to take back my griping about that place - they have managed to have some cute fabric lately. Some. Not a lot.

I like how this is very geometric compared to the less structured print on the front.
I did some top-stitching in red. Just because. I think it needed a little pop. I really like how subtle it is.

I gave it to her on Friday and she was really excited. It's really true, every time I make a new bag, I think, "Wow! This one is my favorite!"
Well, that's true for now. Wait until I post the other one I've finished! It's going in the mail to it's owner, so I have to wait until she gets it to post about it. But it is CUTE!

If you are looking for a fun Christmas gift, I have 2 of these bags stocked at my etsy shop. I also have some fabric selections that aren't made up yet. Just let me know if you are interested and I'll get sewing for you! Look for some jewelry to be added this week too.

Sew, Mama, Sew has designated this Wednesday, December 3 as Giveaway Day!! I will be hosting a little giveaway that I have been meaning to do for at least a month. I had a winning streak a few months ago and I wanted to share the love and pay it forward. I plan on having 4 different prizes to win - so stay tuned!! I'm excited!

7 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Jenny said...

I love the bag, and I've already received compliments on it (of course I have!) Thanks again, Amy. I really do love it! So fun to have something new and different!

allyn said...

amy, you're killing me every time. that is so cute.

Karen said...

love that! - you creative thing you!!

Vanessa Contessa said...

I am seriously coveting that bag with every fiber of me being.

Rheannan said...

i love how the bag turned out..way cuuute! :)

Debbie said...

So stinkin CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great bag! Love the b/w fabrics :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...