Monday, November 10, 2008

mom vs. daughter challenge!

This picture has nothing to do with the post - but the leaves were being lit up the other afternoon. I tried to capture it. . . .



I was talking to my mom tonight about things we both procrastinate. I was bugging her about going to her water aerobics class and she said she would go tomorrow if I got on the treadmill. . . . TOUCHE. Nice play mom. Since I had my appendix out late summer, I haven't been as diligent in getting on and now I'm finding it's already NOVEMBER?! But challenging me to workout is like telling me I won't like that cheese if I eat it. Oh yeah!?! I'll show you!

So I told her that a better challenge would be for her to go to the pool and me to get my duvet cover done. I started it while she was here and have been stymied by not knowing exactly how I want to close it; buttons, zipper, velcro? (Any ideas certainly welcome.) But she made the point that the first challenge was about excercise. Good point. We are still on for the working out tomorrow.

The sewing challenge:
I challenged her to finish her New York Beauty quilt,


and I'll get my duvet cover done,


We have until Saturday midnight.

What are you procrastinating? Let's get it done this week and post all about it!

5 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Amy said...

Yep. procrastinating working out as well. Such a pain in my bum! Yes. I should...some sweet little person asked me if I was gonna have a baby. I told the mom "I'm just fat. So I guess that little comment should be a good motivater for me! :)

Julie said...

That's funny. What do I procrastinate? I'll think about it later.
I love the material for your duvet cover. If I were making it (ha ha right?) I might zipper it. We have one that the buttons bug me & it doesn't seem to stay closed very well.

Debbie said...

you are so funny! I procrasitnate about everything. I am Type B personality. I need to learn how to use my new sewing machine, iron my new fabric, clean the WHOLE house (not just bits and pieces) the list goes on!!!!!!!!!

allyn said...

i am procrastinating the mopping of my floors. every time i look down i get mad at how dirty they are and then i reason that it would just get dirty during the next meal, so i would do it after we eat. by that time i am too tired and it would be best to just do it in the morning before the kids wake up...or after breakfast...or after lunch...

Mary said...

I have so many projects it is painful! I really cannot believe how much you can get done with a baby in the house. That is my excuse for all the things I don't do. I like to sit and watch him while he nurses. I love your duvet cover fabric! It would look great in my periwinkle bedroom. I think ribbons would be a nice closure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...