Saturday, August 30, 2008

a quandry solved

Remember how I ordered that one piece of fabric that was way more orange than the piece I'd picked out for the lining? Well, my solutions came last week. I love them both - can't decide which I'm going to use. I have an idea for an apron using the polka dots. I'm looking for an appropriate turquoise-y blue for the trim . . .


My friend Karen picked out these fabrics for the bag I am going to help her with. She was lamenting the bag wanderlust she'd been feeling lately so I offered to help her design her own. She is embarking on a new sewing hobby. I think once she realized how fun it is, she'll be hooked. I know I am. The more fabric I order, the more fabric I think I need to order! So many great things out there!


p.s. Dana, this post is for you. You said you wanted to see my fabric!

9 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Jana Nielson said...

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm!! Amy Butler love!

Porter Family said...

I love the orange - I bought fabric today... it is a sickness.
Hope you didn't mind my "borrowing" your fabric for my bag. I figured it wouldn't matter since we live so far apart. You have a much better eye than I do for what works together. Oh and I've been sewing forever, won the "clothing and textiles" award in high school. I usually just do halloween costumes since we had kids.
I do hope to see you the next time you are here!

Debbie said...

Hey don't forget to vote for Vanessa's cupcake.

mkecupcakequeen.blogspot.com

vote: Vanessa Contessa

sewtakeahike said...

LOVE the fabrics!! I just ordered some half yards from Randi @ i have to say and I can hardly wait to put my hands on them!

Abi said...

I know she'll be hooked. I totally am! Right now I'm working on some Halloween place mats for my mom. They're super cute!

Jenny said...

Fun colors! The colors in the top photo are fabulous. So vivid, bright and cheery - lovely for spring(or any season for that matter!)

Karen said...

oooohhhh! pretty!

Sarah said...

Love it all! Have you seen her new book, "Little Stitches?" Looks so yummy!

Dana said...

Awwhhh!! I love the new fabric and think that the color combos are killer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...