Tuesday, August 26, 2008

a little getaway


So, my husband has to travel a bit for his job. He went down to Camp Lejeune, N.C. and I thought it would be fun to take the kids on a little road trip to see him. The kids being 2 1/2 and 7 months. Well, I learned that some things are better in theory than in practice. Now, I'm glad we went - it was good to be together and we got to take them to the beach - which is always entertaining. To give you a glimpse of our weekend, I give you:

The Top 10 Things I Learned on a Road Trip with a Toddler and Baby
10. You have to limit fluid intake because public restrooms, with a baby in the bjorn and a toddler with an aversion to public toilets, are not an option.

9. Scheduling a departure post-lunch and just in time for naps is a recipe for a few quiet hours of driving.

8. Cute toddlers can get away with stealing blueberries from the roadside fruit stand.

7. Frazzled, tired, lost mommies can't get away with speeding.

6. Toddlers have an infinite supply of questions.

5. Dido makes great lullaby music.

4. It is possible to carry a baby in the front and a toddler on your back. And survive.

3. A baby with a cold doesn't sleep well in hotels. Therefore, no one sleeps well.

2. Your cherry tomatoes have time to actually ripen before little hands get a hold of them.

1. Memories are made no matter what you are doing, so you might as well enjoy it!


It's amazing how much I feel like I have missed out on while I was gone for just 4 short days. I have a ton of blogs to catch up on! But now, I have to go get some rest. I did get some more fabric in the mail over the weekend - but I'll spare you the minutae of what was in each box and just get the projects done so you can see them!
ttfn - Amy

10 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Jana Nielson said...

Oh Man!! You are a BRAVE woman! I can hardly make it to the school (a few blocks away) and back without the kids driving me NUTSO!!

Dana said...

Welcome home you brave soul!

And, why oh why did you think I wouldn't want to see your new fabric!??!!?? Sheesh.

Debbie said...

You are a brave woman, but it doesn't surprise me, you rock as a mom :) that picture was so peaceful and beautiful!

Abi said...

Ames - Just so you know... YOU are my inspiration. I love you!!!

buttercup said...

Gotta love those road trips--but they are definitely worth the memories made!

BumbleBee Bagz said...

I wondered what happened to you...I missed my blogger friend!

Jenny said...

Glad you survived the trip:) It was great seeing you guys! Thanks for the visit. I'm excited about the bag!!! I love surprises! ;)
Take care!

Julie said...

You are funny Amy. I loved your top 10 list. Cool picture. Fun times.

Ellis Family said...

HILARIOUS! You are a braver woman than I :)

sewtakeahike said...

I like #1 the best! Love your attitude Amy! I do love the photo even though you didn't take it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...