Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update: Garden and other stuff

My attempts at being productive this summer seem to get stymied at every turn. I haven't been able to sew as much, because, well frankly having a 5 month old a two year old doesn't leave a lot of time for the leisurely things. And I don't have the room to drag everything out all the time. I have been reading a lot of crafting/sewing blogs though. I will have to add them to my sidebar.





The biggest problem though came about 11 pm on Friday night when I went into the operating room to have my appendix taken out. Yep, that's right. The good thing is, at least I'll know I won't ever have appendicitis again! I've been lazing all over the couch this week reading blogs and getting motivated to be more creative, productive, and interactive with my kids. Now, if I could just feel well enough to do it!

So the big lesson of gardening I've learned this summer is that as long as you do a lot of prep work and get some strong plants, you can be incapacitated for a week, and with the rain we've been having, your garden will do just fine. (However I did take this pics last week before I got sick). Maybe I'll hobble out there in a little bit to check on everything. I can see from the window that my Zinnia's are blooming.

My first harvest: cuke, cherry tomato, jalepenos


Cherry tomato plant with a side of dahlias

Zinnia bud - I love the color and it was just a random packet - lucky me! Beets - mmmmmm.

2 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Jenny said...

Nice job on your gardening! Your garden has yielded beautiful and yummy-looking veggies. You're my inspiration. I totally want to plant a garden in the spring (that's the best time of year to kick off, right? Or fall?) Anyway, thanks:) and I hope you are feeling better!! We love ya!

dishes and laundry said...

Hey, that looks great! Your tomatoes look way better than mine. Love the square foot gardens!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...