Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Adrenaline High

No I didn't run a marathon, sky dive, or have a near-death experience. I bought some new fabric today! When I was at the dentist last week a couple of the hygenists were admiring my bag (see previous post). I left the office with clean teeth and two orders for bags.

I've decided that I'm going to use different fabric for each bag that I make, because picking the fabric is half the fun! Plus, then each bag is truly a one-of-a-kind piece. They were totally excited and wanted me to pick out the fabric, they just told me what colors they liked. So I went to my new favorite fabric store that sells Amy Butler, Moda and Michael Miller designs and I got some of each! It was so fun! Here are the combo for the bags. The outside fabric is on the left and the lining on the right.

Amy Butler Nigella collection - I may actually buy more of this and make new bedding, I love it too much to just make a bag to sell. I may make the bag and just keep it!! (Is it ethical to price things higher because I don't want to part with it?)


Moda Flutterby collection - this just strikes the right notes with me

Michael Miller - not sure the collection name but I really like the fun, bright, whimsical nature of this. Plus I think the border print will work up really well for the bag.


7 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Sonya said...

where can i see the bags that you sell?

amylouwhosews said...

well, I have really just started doing this - but my friend and I are talking about doing an Etsy shop. Stay tuned for info on that. I don't have an inventory, I'm just making them as people want them. If you are interested you can email me at amyhwebbATgmailDOTcom.

allyn said...

i totally got love feelings when i saw these pictures. you have to take me to this store when i get there. i can't even believe it. so cute. can't wait to see the bags that come of it, either.

Debbie said...

AAAAAA LOVE IT!!!! I like Michael Miller too. If you go on ebay there are some really cute prints!!! Etsy... OO LA LA :) You should do it, you are awesome, what friend?

Shannon said...

I too experienced love feelings when reading this post!!! :) You know how much I already love this fabric!! How much do you charge and where do I sign? :) I'm coming to visit in August so maybe I can pick one up from you then!!!

Cara said...

Amy - What are your prices, I may want to place an order, too!

Charlotte Geary said...

I love the fabrics, Amy! I can't wait to see your next creations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...