Monday, June 13, 2011

don't judge me. i couldn't help myself!

So back at the beginning of the year, I opted out of continuing on into a 3rd year with my quilting bee.  I was feeling overwhelmed and under-productive.  And was always LATE.  Ugh.  I was beating myself up over it.

A few months ago Darci of Stitches and Scissors asked me if I wanted to be a part of a new bee she was starting up!  I was hesitant, knowing my weaknesses and time constraints, but the group of people looked so fun, I couldn't say no.

The bee was named after a discussion with a lot of the group members on Twitter.  Hence the bee's name: Bee Tweet.  I'm still clueless when it comes to Twitter.  I hesitate to get too involved as I feel like I've already got an IV line from the internet into my brain...

So here's my first block for the month of May.  Erin asked for a variation on the wonky log cabin.  It was nice to change it up a bit and I think her quilt is going to be scrapalicious!
Bee Tweet: Erin's block for May

8 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Oh I love your fabrics. That looks like a fun block! Jenn

Teresa said...

Very Colorful! Love it!

Tina said...

How fun! I'd love to being involved with a quilting bee. Love your block...beautiful colors!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Beautiful! What a fun block, and it sounds like a great quilting bee group!!

Brooke said...

Oh Wow!! SUPER fun. This is great....lucky recipient!!

randi said...

fun block! good for you for starting up on a bee again! i am sure you will have fun and learn a lot. :)

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

What a fun block! Love the scrappy look of it with the off kilterness {is that a word?}. ~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 

kristenita said...

wow, that will be an awesome quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...