Friday, May 28, 2010

sew & tell- I love you gathered clutch

If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!


Well hello, hello everyone! It's Penny from sewtakeahike! I hope you had a great week and for those of you in the US, have some fun plans for the holiday weekend. Big hugs to you Amy, and your move. I pray it goes smoother than you ever imagined it would.

Here in Colorado, L-man and I will probably be doing some kayaking and hanging out, it should be fun!

Also, last week, I {gracefully} turned 40 (ughhh! it was a hard one for me!) and we had a hot air balloon ride planned for my birthday. Because of weather, it's been rescheduled twice. Well, this morning, if all is well with the weather, we will try again. I figured if I must turn 40, I want to defy gravity going into it, right? Hopefully I'll have lots of photos to share real soon.


This week, I have a couple of finishes.






I meant to make these for my mom and MIL for mother's day, and I finally just did it. The pattern is the gathered clutch, thank you so much Anna for this awesome pattern! This little clutch is seriously the bees knees. I made one for myself as well, and I'm determined to use it this summer, despite the fact that it's about 3 times smaller than my normal bag. It's working so far!


Up, up, and away!


Can't wait to see what you've been doing this week!

Your turn!



Please refer to the sew & tell page if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been deleted.

1. Link to your specific post about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew & tell in your post and link back to this post (link or button) so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!



28 crafty mcCrafters commented:

QuiltyBee said...

Oh, I love this pattern--classy looking. I keep getting signs that I should try a bag with a zipper--pretty soon I'll have no choice. Really nice job and thanks for the link to the bag.

Miri said...

Adorable bags!

Thank you so much for taking over for Amy this week! Have a fun balloon ride!

allyn said...

those are so cute. a nice variation to the clutch. thanks for filling in for amy this week.

pinksuedeshoe said...

OOOOoooo! I love that pic with the flowers behind it, and this is definitely going on my list this summer, thank you!

Kristen said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous clutch! And AMH!? Swoon. Thanks for sharing this pattern. I think I am going to be making bags this summer!

Carla said...

Happy Belated Birthday Penny! You know, 40 is the new 30 :o)

Love the clutch! They are simply adorable. They would be perfect for summer evening with the hubby. Now I'm going to HAVE to make one of these! Thanks for the link :o)

Remember to keep all hands and feet inside the moving balloon.

Mag said...

The clutches are so sweet, perfect for summer. I wanna make one now.

em's scrapbag said...

These are so darn cute. Thanks for the link to the pattern. Hope all is going well with the move and that things settle quickly on the other end.

Dee said...

40 is not so bad! In fact, it's an awesome decade to be living! I hope the hot air balloon ride goes off without a hitch and can't wait to see those pictures!

Happy, Happy Birthday!

The bags are so cute and will make awesome gifts for two special women! Penny, you rock!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

So cute! I love that little acorn zipper pull.

Brooke said...

I don't have any clutches, but these are so cute I may have to make me one!

Suzanne said...

Love the clutches! I've seen quite a few of these around...I'm really going to have to get down and make one!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

cute cute cute!

(I've got a new patriotic table runner up in the bake shop)...

Q @ JAQS said...

Love those clutches - especially that second one. That's a very good color combo and awesome looking clutches.


BTW - my first time doing this Friday sew-n-tell. It's an awesome idea and I can't wait to sit down to see everyone's sew-n-tell.

Anonymous said...

Yup, love those clutches - they're awesome! Hope all is well Amy!

Paulette said...

Happy 40th! I love the thought of a balloon ride and defying gravity. Those clutches are SO, SO cute! Love the darling little zipper pulls.

Lappedamen said...

Gorgeous clutches. I want to make one for myself.

Michelle said...

Fantastic! Thanks for posting the link to the pattern.

Happy, happy #40! Sure hope you get that balloon ride today. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for guest hosting, Penny! Amy, I hope your move goes well! Deep breaths!!!

Quiltpiecer said...

I love the bags! Happy birthday and enjoy your balloon ride. How fun!

Unknown said...

Love the purses! Great fabrics! I made purses for Mother's Day this Year too!

Day before Michelle said...

Oh it's so funny how we all seem to think alike! I have a gathered clutch almost finished myself! I'd had to set it aside until I could get a matching zipper..But I think I'll be finishing it tonight.

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

love your clutch! and this blog!

Jan said...

Your clutches are great...love your fabric choices!

Jen in KS said...

I would need help condensing all my purse tchotchke into a clutch, too. Thanks for the post. Today is my first submission for Sew & Tell.

Andrea said...

Very cute!!

Vicki said...

ohhh I love the gathered clutch pattern. It has been on my mind for a couple weeks now... Maybe that project needs to be my spring to finish reward for myself. They look so adorable.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i pretty much need one of these. are u selling them? u should.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...