Friday, May 21, 2010

sew & tell - barely. keeping. head. above. water.

If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!

Oh my goodness friends, how are you?  Ever feel like you are drowning? Or that you have so much to do you just can't do anything?  Wellllll, that's how I've felt this week.  The movers are coming next week and I'm paralyzed by the amount of stuff I need to do for that to happen.  So what did I do instead?

I made a darling little dress!

Simplicity pattern #5695

Dandy Damask sleeves and ruffle, Famer's Market Dahlia for the main body.  (I should have gotten some pictures of her wearing it...)
 I have some Nicey Jane to make another one too - the tiered one!

And have I mentioned I have a serious crush on my serger?  Look at the inside!

And I used it to secure the edges of the baby quilt's binding!  yee haw!

I just have some handsewing to do to finish it up.  I'm hoping to finish it soon so I can link it up to Amy's Bloggers Quilt Festival.




I know you all have some amazing quilts to share.  Why don't you go and share it with everyone!  It's the ultimate quilting sew and tell!


Can't wait to see what you've been doing this week!

Your turn!

Please refer to the sew & tell page if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been deleted.
1. Link to your specific post about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew & tell in  your post and link back to this post (link or button) so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

36 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Rene' said...

Amy, I know exactly how you feel!!! I have movers coming in two weeks and no boxes packed....only I don't have a newborn so I really shouldn't be complaining ;-) Love your pretty little dress! Too cute. Can't wait to see your finished LOVE quilt at the festival. Good luck with your move!

ktquilts said...

Funny, you bought the fabric first, and I saw it on your blog. Love. I bought some, and made skirts, teired ones!!! I guess that gives you some indication of how much I love that dress!!! LOL!!

Blessings,

KT

kristie said...

that dress is so cute! i want one for myself. those serged seams look nice. makes me want a serger. hope your upcoming move down here to my great state (lol) goes smooth and your life settles down a bit soon!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

That really is a darling dress, Amy!
The serged edges on the quilt look great; I have heard people are finishing lots of charity quilts this way. Do you attach a binding on on top of the stitching, or leave the edges like this?

Dee said...

too sweet and hang in there! it gets better, I promise. not soon, but it does get better!

allyn said...

turned out so adorable. i have that very same pattern. what a coincidence. i have been sewing this week, but i haven't taken pictures yet. i might have to post after lilja gets home from school. i made her a shirt.

Dayna said...

I LOVE this dress!!! I've been wanting to make something for Gabriela ever since I saw Elsie Marley's children's clothing challenge for last week. May Fair kept me from participating, but I'm still a mom and I still sew. Therefore, I have hope!

Oh, and I think I'm now motivated to finally remove my serger from the box. I've had it since last July. (I can hear the gasps...)

Carla said...

How pretty and I bet she looks so cute in it! I also have a secret crush on my serger. Shhhh.... don't tell my hubby :o)

em's scrapbag said...

Love this sweet little dress. Good luck getting everything done.

Nicole said...

Sure wish I was close enough to help you! I AM so jealous of that serger. What a beautiful finish inside and out. Sigh.

Sarah said...

Great little dress!

Paulette said...

That is a darling dress--or should I say Dahlia-ing! Love that floral print. Nice job with the serger. I don't use mine hardly enough but should.

Hey, I linky-d to the wrong page (silly me) the first time around cuz I accidentally hit my tab and went to an old window...anyway. Can you take my #52 linky out of this page: http://www.amylouwho.com/2010/05/sew-tell-one-of-these-things-is-not.html Thanks, and sorry about that!

QuiltyBee said...

Love this dress--I know exactly how you feel! Good luck with this move. Remember, in a couple months, you'll just have a few more good stories to tell. I just got my mom's serger--I can't wait to try some clothes with it. Now, to find me some little girls . . . .

BumbleBee Bagz said...

I hear ya! I am so overwhelmed right now...but in a good way. I have a lot of orders in.....a store that wants 10 samples by the middle of June and 25 chicken bags still to do..AND...the Womens Show to start preparing for...all while my kids will soon be out of school!!! ARGHHHH!

BumbleBee Bagz said...

and by the way....you really shouldnt post pics of ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! dresses like that....it makes those of us without little girls...extremely jealous! lol ♥

beth said...

wait a minute. You just had a baby. You're moving. AND you have time to sew a cute dress??? How in the world did you accomplish that. Wonder woman in disguise??

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you found time to make such a cute dress! I just love it!

Good luck with all your moving madness!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Goodness - you are a super woman! Does the making help you maintain your sanity? ;-) Best of luck next week and take care of YOU and your WEE one! ;-)

Heather said...

Don't know how you found the time, but it is gorgeous! And I'm seriously jealous of your serger. Someday... lol Good luck with the move! :o)

Laura said...

I want to see her wearing it!!! So cute.

Oh my gosh. A serger. That is what I need. I have the cutest idea for my next apron but I need a serger. Just you wait . . . :)

sewtakeahike said...

Amy! it's totally cute and the serged edges on the inside are seriously making me drool. I mean, it looks, like, professional! I hope you're having a fab time in NC!

SueWis said...

The dress is adorable! Sounds like you really have your hands full these days. :)

Unknown said...

wish I could help you pack up! Your dress is darling - I love that pattern, and I'm making an argument for a serger in my mind, maybe next year :)


psst - baby steps ;)

Rebecca Grace said...

That dress is so precious! The photo on the pattern package looks so blah that I might have passed it by -- your fabric choices are what make the dress look so on-trend, designer boutiquey! I think my little niece needs a sweet little frock like that, so I guess I'll be snuggling up to my serger when I finish my quilt... :-)

wishes, true and kind said...

The more I have to do, the more overwhelmed I get, and the more paralyzed I am. I wish I could help you pack!

Miri said...

Adorable!

The4Rs said...

Hi, love your Friday Finishes idea. I mistakenly put my link as my web site, and not the specific post, here is the specific link to my Thrift Pile Sweater, http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com/2010/05/thrift-pile-sweater-upcycle.html
I would love to sew for my little girl, but she is 13 and I am not the cool designer anymore, boo hoo!
My email is the4rsRamblings@gmail.com

Kate said...

Hey there, my first link must have gotten deleted. I may not have complide with something. Not sure what though. Can you let me know?

Thanks for hosting this! I'm well on my way to some BIG finishes for next week. God bless and keep up the good work....LOVE your blog.

antmee said...

You used the most gorgeous fabric! I bet you enjoyed every stitch making this dress!

tara said...

Great colors. Wish I had a serger.
Cant wait to see the other dress.

Vicki said...

that's a great pattern... I've made... 4 dresses from it and 3 tops so far. Your girl's dress looks great!

Julie said...

I'm impressed at how well you dog paddle!!!

Beautiful little dress :)


Good luck with the movers!

Kristen said...

I loved the fact I hired movers last time. Good luck in getting all the boxes filled and food eaten in the fridge! I think I ate nothing but pizza last time because of the "up in the air"-ness of it all. (Their mortgage company was really picky.) I didn't want to see pizza for months!

Q @ JAQS said...

Love it.

Q @ JAQS said...

Is the sew-n-tell going on this week (May 27)? I've never done this before and not sure if I set it up correctly. My post is at http://quiltsbyq.blogspot.com/2010/04/modded-quilt-preview.html.

Hope all is going well...

Unknown said...

beautiful dress!!
visit me!
pocochis.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...