Thursday, March 19, 2009

a baby shower story

no, this isn't a new TLC show. But I did go to a baby shower tonight. The evite came with this cute little graphic. Isn't it sweet? I knew I wanted to do something with it, but what?

How about I turn it into an applique for a sweet little baby tee?

and put it on a burpcloth?

Maybe that star-shaped cookie cutter would make a cute applique too.

and then I can do up some burpcloths to match that one too.


I've never done baby tees before. I want to make a MILLION of them now! How easy and fast (about and hour for all this) and cute. And I realized that you really CAN use some of those little scraps. I need to get a scrap saving/storing system in place!

In other news, I found out a dear friend of mine who I haven't seen in years (due to her being French and living in France until just recently) is coming to see me tomorrow for the weekend!!! And she tells me she's a fabric hoarder. I'm telling her to bring her sweats and her stash and we'll glue ourselves to the sewing machine all weekend!! I'm so excited to see her!

16 crafty mcCrafters commented:

sewtakeahike said...

cute appliques Amy! Youre going to have so much fun this weekend! How exciting!

Unknown said...

Love your appliques! Have a great weekend :)

The Letteer Family said...

I love them Amy! They're adorable!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Those are too cute!! My mom & I make pj pants for my son and applique a tio for him using the pattern in matterial. My son LOVES them.

Have a ball with your friend this weekend!

buttercup said...

Very cute baby stuff Amy. Don't forget to give Clarisse great big bisous for me! I'm with you in spirit.

wiff said...

very cute baby tee's! i love them! have fun with your friend this weekend!

Sarah said...

Very cute, Amy! She'll love it!

Dana said...

Your sets are adorable!

Have fun with your friend. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Amy said...

These are super cute! I love them!

Candis Ellis said...

Okay, I am officially inspired! I just love your blog, by the way :)

Thanks for linking!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

I've been wanting to try something along these lines for a cousin. She had a baby last year... but we've been in Germany the entire time. It's been completely slipping my mind.
Your projects look sooo cute!
Katie

allyn said...

these are very sweet. i hope the mommy loved them. i love that you are putting the red polka dot on your quilt. that will be awesome. can't wait to see it.

LollyChops said...

Oh Amy these are just fantastic! I love love love them!

Debbie said...

ahhh soooo stinkin cute....

Mary said...

Oh my elephants! So cute.

Merianne said...

I love these Amy! I'm so happy that I am the lucky recipient of these creations...and can't wait to put them to use in 7 weeks! :)
Thanks again for coming to my shower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...