Monday, January 12, 2009

same-ies, by christy and shannon

I'm not really sure how to spell that, thus the hyphen. I made these two bags for two great friends of mine who are also great friends to each other. They ended up picking the same prints in different colorways. So almost twins, definitely same-ies - that's a technical term Christy coined.

Christy was my roommate/travel buddy before I got married and Shannon was her friend (now mine too!) who gave me the best haircuts I've ever had! They blog together at Movie Mavens giving just what the title suggests - movie reviews. We haven't been able to convince Christy to start a personal blog yet, but we still love her. Shannon also blogs here.

Leave it to Shannon to help me think outside the box and pick a third fabric to use for the outside strap. She's so creative that way. In fact you should check out her card-making blog.






I just liked this picture, I didn't get a same-ie shot of Shannon's bag posed like this....(plus I'm partial to anything blue. Light blue especially. With a touch of turquoise.


7 crafty mcCrafters commented:

allyn said...

still getting love feelings after seeing them again!

have fun in utah!

Unknown said...

love that they picked the same print! Cute bags :)

Debbie said...

you are killing me...i love them!!! amazing girl! miss ya!

Vern said...

I love, love, LOVE all things turquoise! You should do one of these bags for a giveaway on LRS. Have you been approached for that? If you're interested, you know where to find me.

Jenny said...

Now THOSE are seriously cute bags. :) And I love Shannon! She gave me awesome haircuts too. Where is a good hairdresser when you need one? ;) I'm going to check out her card-making blog!

Karen said...

you make the prettiest things. really. they are the prettiest. I only hope to be able to sew in a straight line one day. :)

Shannon said...

oh wow your photography is so awesome!! i love my bag so much! thank you amy--you are indeed so talented! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...