Monday, December 15, 2008

3 years ago today

I was in a hospital bed trying to get my darling girl to come join us! She was born at 6:20 in the morning, and still keeps that schedule, silly early riser!
Little did I know that carrying that little peanut would bring me a lot of physical problems - mostly post-partum (can you say blood clot and postpartum eclampsia?), but it was totally worth it.

The last three years have been amazing. To watch this little person grow is an adventure. Those first light-bulb moments when you can tell they actually know what is going on to having a full on conversation.

To see their smiles and laughs turn into a sense of humor.

I feel so lucky to be her mother. She is fun, smart, entertaining, sweet, huggable, kissable and a great big sister! And I can't remember a time when she wasn't part of our family.

Happy Birthday my little peanut!

13 crafty mcCrafters commented:

sewtakeahike said...

What a little cutie! Happy happy birthday to her!
Amy you are totally cracking me up with your Stella comment, you've totally ruined me. I don't think I'll ever be able to say that name in a normal voice ever again.

allyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALISON!!!! this is a special and memorable day for me, too.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday from The Lehmanns!
Chris, Karen, Olivia, Noah, Piper, Han Solo, Dillan & Michael Fred Phelps (our fish)
Hope you have a great day!

buttercup said...

Happy Birthday Alison! You're lucky to have such an amazing and talented mommy.

Cara said...

I like that last picture of her - very cute. Happy Mommy Day to you Amy!

Ellis Family said...

She is so sweet and adorable! Happy Birthday Alison!!!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Alison! :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet little girl :)

Jenny said...

She is such a sweetheart! I posted a cute pic of her and Aaron on our blog. You really are lucky to be her mama - and she's so lucky to be your daughter! :) Happy birthday to her!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Smiley Girl!!! She is such a beauty. Love her polka dot birthday cake & peppermint ice cream, looks yummy!!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday sweet little girl!!!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Happy Birthday Sweety! My daughter was born at 3:30am and she is still an early riser, too. =D

Amanda Jean said...

happy belated birthday to your little cutie! 3 is a fun age, isn't it???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...