Thursday, January 03, 2008

Not my project...

But I helped! Nick's sister, Cat, was here for several weeks around Thanksgiving and she wanted me to help her make some pillows. She is way more ambitious than I am, she says it's her lack of sewing experience, but we were able to put together some cute pillows for her brown couches. The cord on the edges of the orange pillows were the toughest thing - but now I'm not afraid of it any more! I might even use some piping on the next bag I make - woah! Watch out! As a side note - it was really fun to hang out with her so much. We've never had the opportunity to spend so much time together and she is definitely a keeper!

Here are the creations - a good joint effort. These are corduroy with a super soft baby blue tiny corduroy on the back.

Canvas front, wide wale corduroy back, elegant cording on the edge.

4 crafty mcCrafters commented:

buttercup said...

Those are beautiful. I am going to have you make pillows for my couch!

Jenny said...

Very cute! Love 'em. You're into this home decorating thing! (GOod at it, too.) It's fun, huh?

Merianne said...

Those are beautiful! I know who to call when I need some pillows.

Kathy said...

How fun! I've been looking for pillows, but seeing your work makes me thing I need to dig out my sewing machine!

AND maybe I'll watch North and South while I'm crafting! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...