Saturday, April 07, 2007

Project-Mania

Ever since I started working at the bead shop, I've been learning to do some fun things. It has also seemed to spark my creative juices a little bit. I have made about 15 pairs of earrings, sewed up 4 sets of burp cloths (who said the baby boom is over??), started a garden and am working on some bumper pads for Alison's crib. So here's a couple of pics of some projects.

I made this bag for a friend's birthday - it actually turned out pretty cute. Unfortunately for her, I made all of my mistakes on this first bag. I made one for myself that was admittedly much better in many ways. I ended up trading her and giving her the nicer one (which I forgot to take pics of).







A friend of mine gave me this old window and I wasn't quite sure what to do with it for a while. I made a little red-berry wreath that worked through Christmas and Valentine's day, but then it just really needed a makeover. I wish I could say I made this wreath, but I just picked it out. I like that even though it's not real it doesn't look completely fake. My front door is a hideous red brickish sort of color and nothing looks good hanging on it, so this is what you see when you walk in the entry. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

2 crafty mcCrafters commented:

HeatherLynn said...

hurray for creativity!

Julie said...

Wow, I'm doubly impressed...books and crafts. You are a multi tasker to the max, Chase would say "you've got skills."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...